chapter 27: a day in the life

Tweek's POV-

Christmas and New Years were over in the blink of an eye. It's sad how as we get older, Christmas just gets warmer and warmer and more depressing. It all reminds me that I'm not a child anymore and real life responsibilities are just around the corner. And after childhood is adulthood and I don't even know where to begin with that thought. What's the difference between a BA and a BFA? How do I pay taxes? I've never gone into a gas station and paid for my gas with cash...what if I don't have my card on me and need to fill my tank? What will I say?

"Tweek, honey. You're ruining the decorations," mom said, snapping me free from the beehive buzzing in my brain.

I looked at my hands and realized the piece of tinsel I had taken off of the Christmas tree was shedding all over the floor. I must've been picking at it, ugh. I rolled my eyes at myself and resumed taking apart the Christmas tree. It was New Year's Day and the town was dead. Everyone had partied too hard the night before, including my parents and I. We closed the shop for the day and decided to do a little bit of cleaning to start the new year right. But something didn't feel right. Well, ever since my group went to Breckinridge...things had just felt gross. Like really off and just bleh. Boring to say the least. And I was getting sick of it.

We finished packing up our decorations and I went to my room. I plopped on my bean bag and stalked my socials. Y/n was still away with her family. She pledged to stay off her phone to really connect with herself in isolation. Lame. I missed my bestie and needed her to come over so we could treat ourselves to some shit talk with a side of pizza.

But if Y/n came over, I would of course have to invite Red. She's like my sister. My ride or die. But this weird thing she had going on with Y/n was seriously getting old and super one sided. I wish I had never told Y/n to get messy on our vacation because, holy cow, was it cutting in on our trio time. If the two of them weren't basically fucking in front of my face everytime we had a sleepover, they were crying over the other or complaining about other love interests.

I rolled my eyes and decided to go on a bike ride around town. I usually like to go on solo drives to clear my mind but I was in the mood to snoop around. So I covered myself in thick pants, warm socks, a thermal, a cute sweatshirt and I even threw on my new cat eared balaclava Jimmy got me for Christmas.

I rolled my bike out from the garage and swung my legs around the seat. Taking off, I decided to head right and go off into the town square. I knew I was sure to pick up some gossip there and smiled, let's get shady. I rolled up to Clyde's dad's shoe outlet and saw Clyde pacing around inside.

"Bingo," I said out loud and locked up my bike outside the shop.

The door made a digital ding dong when I opened the door. Clyde stopped in his tracks and took his grimy man fingers out of his hair.

"What's up, man," I walked to Clyde and noticed his face looked like he hadn't gotten sleep in years, "oh shit...what's wrong?"

He rubbed his eyes. A long harsh groan escaped his fuzzy chin, "It's bad, Tweek. Like really, really bad this time."

"Oh Jesus, what?!"

"Bebe and I. We're over."

He started blubbering and rubbed at his eyes once again. I was honestly a little upset too. The two of them have been going strong since middle school so it's weird to hear that they broke up. They were the couple that everyone said they would definitely be high school sweethearts.

"I can fix this!" I blurted out without thinking it through, "I can totally fix this Clyde!"

"Huh?" He sniffed quietly.