chapter 12: from bad to worse

Your POV-

I woke up to the sound of my alarm on a frosty October morning. I let out a groan as my feet hit the cold wooden floor. I stared out of my window and noticed that snow was rapidly descending from the sky. Snow in October, wow. I thought to myself before I started to get ready for school.

After Cameron and I ate our breakfast in silence, we trudged through the snow (still half asleep.) My car slowly began to heat up as we drove on the icy roads up to South Park High.

"Are we doing anything this Friday?" Cameron asked with his eyes glued to his phone.

"Uh no, I don't think so. You'll have to ask Dad," I said and yawned, "Why?"

"Ike and Firkle might come over."

"Lame, okay," I shoved my hand (that was formed in an L) in my brother's face.

"Dude, they never come over and you always h-Y/N WATCH OUT!!!"

I looked back in front of me and saw a deer stop for a split second before sprinting to the other side of the road. Cameron and I screamed cries of terror before I slammed on my brakes.

"Holy fuck," I exhaled.

After the coast was clear, I drove slowly the rest of the way to school. Neither of us talked for the end of the ride because we were in a major state of shock. After what seemed like forever, we finally pulled into the student lot. Clyde, Bebe, Stan, Wendy, and Kenny were all gathered around Clyde's car for a before school buzz. Cameron and I sat in the car for a second to regroup and decided to get out.

"Y/n! Cam!" Clyde yelled, waving to us with one hand while his other was wrapped around his girlfriend.

Wendy was the first one to realize something was wrong. She walked up to me and grabbed my hands, "You look like you just saw a ghost. You okay?"

"She about hit a fucking deer on the way over here because she's a shitty driver," Cameron said as he dug through his backpack. He pulled out a red juul and started to inhale.

I let go of Wendy's hands and punched my brother in the shoulder, "Shut up, asshole," He shoved me back and I took off my backpack. I got in a fighting stance and egged him on, "Wanna go motherfucker? Let's go then!"

Now, my brother and I have a pretty good relationship...but if he's gonna be an asswipe, then he's gonna get what he deserves. Though he was 15 and stood about six inches taller than me, I am always sure to whoop his ass.

After a few seconds of us wrestling, I jumped up and put him in a headlock, "Say uncle, you brat!"

"FINE! UNCLE! UNCLE!" He yelled and put his backpack on, "...bitch..." he mumbled before making his way into school.

Kenny walked up to me and tackled me in a hug, "Woah, who knew you could fight?"

Before I could respond I heard someone yelling my name. I turned around and saw Tweek walking towards me.

"TWEEK! YOU'RE BACK!!" I yelled and ran towards him. Tweek had been gone on some sort of spiritual retreat with his weird hippie parents for the week prior.

Before I tackled him in a hug he yelled, "WATCH OUT! HOT DRINK!"

My dumbass didn't process that information right away and two venti coffees were spilled all over me.

"OH Y/N! GAH! I'M SO SORRY!" Tweek yelped as he picked up the, now empty, plastic coffee cups.

I pressed my lips together in a fake smile, "It's no big deal. My fault. See you guys at lunch." I turned on my heels and walked to the school entrance. I heard a few mumbles behind me but I kept walking straight on. Great. I'm still half asleep, my brother pissed me off, and now I smell like the Starbucks mermaid's asshole.