𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐔𝐑, unfinished symphony

UNFINISHED SYMPHONY
A C!Wilbur Soot x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Wilbur's unfinished symphony would forever remain unfinished, no matter what

WARNING(S): Mentions of explosions and death, in game AU, gender-neutral!reader (559 words)

AUTHORS NOTE: This was taken from my tumblr so if you'd like to see more of my works works (or request anything) you can go check it out @/scvrllet

TNT rained down onto the country that you had once called home.

Home. You scoffed at the thought, glancing down as you watched L'manburg crumble to the ground. This country was never home, not since you were exiled from it at least. L'manburg was supposed to be yours and Wilburs' and if that wasn't possible, then what was stopping you from blowing it up all over again. If anything, you were only finishing what he had started, what he died for.

With the ghost of a smirk on your lips, you pulled up the hood of your sweater and walked away. All that needed to be done had begun already. Dream had promised to blow the nation to bedrock and the withers that Phil and Technoblade spawned would be enough of a distraction to allow you to leave. All you had to do was not get caught.

You had thought that wasn't going to be a problem until.

"This was our home, our L'manburg." A soft voice said from behind you. Turning around, you were now standing face to face with a ghost who wore a yellow sweater and a frown on his face.

You always found it ironic how he seemed to look so much more lively after becoming a ghost. Even now as he stood frowning before you there was something in him that he lacked when he was still alive; hope.. From the way his smile would finally reach his eyes again to the way he would gently wrap his arm around your shoulders, you found yourself often forgetting why you stayed in L'Manburg after he had died.

"Hello Ghostbur."

"I built this nation for us to be free and you're letting them destroy it!" The ghost shouted, glancing between the destruction of his once beloved country and you who seemed to have no ounce of remorse or guilt.

You watched as he fought back tears, carefully taking a few steps closer towards him. "Why?" He managed to ask through his trembling voice.

"Tell me Ghostbur," There was a grin growing on your face as you spoke making the ghost take a few steps back. "Do you remember who blew up L'manburg the first time?"

He shook his head causing his brown locks to fall over his eyes and in the midst of all the chaos, the boy in front of you looked like the one you had fallen in-love with a year ago. Just for a moment, you didn't see Ghostbur who could only remember the past you but the boy you had shared the last few months with. It was the same one who had led you down the path to want to destroy the nation for once and for all but it was also the same person who had saved you and gave you a home.

As if something had clicked, you glanced around at the TNT falling down and for just a second, a pang of guilt hit you before turning back to the boy in front of you. There was hope in his eyes as he looked at you, waiting for you to say anything at all only to immediately regret it, as all remaining hope he had was drained as the words fell from your lips.

"You started this Wilbur. This was our unfinished symphony and unfinished it will remain."