𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐘, back to you

BACK TO YOU
A C!Fundy x Reader Oneshot

BACK TO YOUA C!Fundy x Reader Oneshot

PROMPT: "You're an idiot." "But I'm your idiot."

WARNING(S): gender-neutral!reader, doesn't follow canon, In game AU, character death, angst with a happy-ish ending, let's pretend Fundy only had one canon left in this fic please and thank you (968 words)

[yourusername was slain by Dream using Nightmare]

Fundy stared at the communicator in his hand, unable to avert his eyes from the yellow words staring back at him.

This couldn't be true.

It had to be a prank, right?

Someone must've messed with his communicator device.

You couldn't possibly be dead, not when he has already lost everyone who meant something to him.

First his mother, then his father, then his friends, and now you.

The device slipped out of his hands, falling to the ground with a thud snapping him back to reality. Back to the reality that you were really gone, just like everyone else in his life.

"Fundy?"

So maybe not all his friends.

Turning around, Fundy was met with a familiar endermen hybrid. He looked at the fox with a sorry look but before he could say anything, Fundy turned his back on him and looked through his chests.

"Fundy- where are you going with that sword?" Ranboo already knew the answer but he wished to be wrong.

"To pay Dream a little visit."

He had hoped that Fundy would have said anything but that but there wasn't much he could do to stop him. Not when the fox was already walking out the door, maxed out sword in hand, as he headed to wherever Dream would be.

It felt like ages before Fundy finally reached the end of the forest. The sword rested comfortably in its sheath as he walked out the path and towards the clearing on top of a hill that he knew the green bastard would be standing on.

"Took you long enough." He said once Fundy had reached the top. His back was facing him with his arms resting by his sides. It wasn't until Fundy reached for his sword that Dream turned around and grabbed his axe. He wore his signature porcelain mask though it's usual white colour was stained crimson near the bottom of his mask and on spots of his neck. The dried blood seemed like a cruel joke, as if Dream was taunting him.

"Do you think you could still hurt me?"

"I can kill you-"

"Then go ahead. You've already killed the last person who loved me,I don't have anything else to live for."

Dream couldn't say that he was surprised at Fundy's response. A part of him was sure that he'd be more angry, have that same fire in his eyes that his father once had. The same fire he needed for his plan to work.

"You can help me." He offered, putting his axe down as an act of peace to offer the fox hybrid his hand.

Fundy only scoffed, grip tightening on the handle of his sword before pointing it up at Dream. "I would rather die than be a part of your sick plans." He said before swinging at the masked man.

His sword just barely grazed Dream's cheek. Had he not taken a step back, Fundy would have been able to make him bleed.

The sound of metal hitting each other mixed with the sounds of heavy panting went on for what felt like hours before Dream had finally had enough and disarmed him easily. Caught off guard, he was able to knock Fundy down to his knees before pointing the tip of his blade at his neck.

"I am done playing your games, now are you going to help me or not?" He said in an irritated tone. Expecting for him to finally give in, he didn't seem to notice him grab a dagger and tackled him to the ground with the blade pressed against his neck.

The next moment seemed to go by in a blur. One second he was on the ground with Fundy holding a dagger to Dream's neck, pressed just hard enough to draw blood, but then he felt the hybrid's body fall limp on top of him. It wasn't until he caught a glance at his fallen communicator that he realised what had just happened.

[ItsFundy was shot by Punz]

Somewhere farther away from all the chaos he assumed, Fundy woke up on the soft grass where the sun shone softly on his face. Getting back onto his feet, he instinctively went to reach for his sword only to frown when he realized it was no longer on him.

A wave of panic rushed over him as he searched the area for it only to freeze in his steps when he heard a familiar voice. "You're an idiot you know?"

(Y/N)..." Turning his head around, he barely gave you any time to properly react before pulling you into his arms. A smile grew on his face as he heard you laugh become quickly muffled before wrapping your own arms around him.

"You're still an idiot." You mumbled which only caused him to laugh and wrap his arms tighter around you.

"But I'm your idiot." He replied as he let go, causing you to punch his arm. "Ow what was that for."

"Getting yourself killed that's what." You huffed, choosing to ignore how he rolled his eyes.

"You can yell at me all you want but only after you show me around this place." Fundy said, reaching for your hand and guiding you towards the edge of the hill he had woken up on. It'd be night time and you'd probably still not be done scolding him but he wouldn't say that aloud.

Sighing at the change in topic, you agreed and intertwined your fingers with his before leading him down the hill towards what looked like a village in the distance hand in hand. He smiled as he barely registered what you were saying about the village you were leading him too. All he cared about was being with you again