𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐘, family

"Is to be wanted too much to ask for?"

FAMILY
A c!Fundy Centric Blurb

SUMMARY: Fundy needs a family, surely that's not too much to ask for, right?

CONTAINS: mentions of death and slight mentions of blood and neglect, inspired by @/snowtubbo 's oneshot on Tumblr  (648 words)

AUTHORS NOTE: old blurb i just realized was not on here yet so here it is!

Fundy needed a family.

Fundy was born into a loving family. He had a mother who would travel seas and a father who would fight nations for him. He was deeply loved, and for the next few years, that was all he knew.

When he took his first steps while travelling the seas with his parents, his mother had actually almost stopped the ship just to go watch him. He was down on the dock with the other sails-men while his father stood opposite of him with arms open wide to catch him in case he fell. Thankfully, he managed to walk all the way into his fathers arms before finally falling.

Even if he was too young to realize, the other sails-men could tell that the young boy was loved. As his father carried him and his mother pressed a kiss onto his forehead, they knew he was loved.

Fundy needed a family.

Fundy was 5 when his mother died. A disease had taken over her health and she was bedridden for months before the day she didn't wake up finally came.

A death on the sea for a person born in it. How poetic.

He was still a child but this time, as his father held his hand as he cried into his mothers chest, he couldn't help but think about what would happen next.

The sails-men stood around them with hats held against their chest as they bowed their heads in respect of their captain. They tried to not cry, they really did, but how could they not when the little boy they had watched grow up who had a permanent smile finally break.

Fundy needed a family, but at least he still had his father.

Fundy was 16 when his father left with his uncle. They were exiled, but with the lack of effort to even see him it might as well have been leaving. He was 16 when his father left and 17 when he watched his grandfather push a sword through his heart.

Falling to his knees, he watched as his grandfather's blood stained hands lost grip of the sword and wrapped themselves around his fathers dead body. His blood stained his grandfather's clothes though he paid no mind, there were more important things right now. Fundy stood there frozen, mind racing with far too many thoughts to even comprehend anything else.

Fundy needed a family, but at least he still had his grandfather....right?

It felt like the cruel world was piling on top of him one by one. Not even giving him any time to try to move on, Phil had rejected him. Refusing to take him in and even choosing a friend over his own family when Fundy had thought he finally found somewhere to belong. "You're dead to me."

Fundy needed a family.

It felt like years had passed since he last spoke to Eret. Though they had some arguments and grudges held against each-other, Fundy was over the moon when the monarch approached him asking if he'd like to be adopted. Was this what it felt like to be wanted? To finally be loved and accepted by someone?

Fundy was quick to accept the offer, but perhaps he had gotten his hopes too high and God knew that only led to disappointment. Fundy sadly learnt this the hard way when the day of adoption came, and he was the only one there...

Fundy didn't need a family, did he?

Despite telling himself multiple times he was perfectly fine being alone, his dreams seemed to tell him otherwise and waking up in cold sweat with the words "Mama" and "Dad" leaving his mouth had become a nightly thing. Much to his dismay.

But Fundy needed a family, and with everything he once had now stripped away, what harm could joining an old friend really do?

Perhaps family wasn't meant to be blood. Perhaps he could find family elsewhere—and that was what he did in a place called Las Nevadas.