𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐃, familiar stranger

FAMILIAR STRANGER
A c!Purpled & Reader Oneshot

PROMPT: What if someone tried to warn Purpled against joining Las Nevada's

PROMPT: What if someone tried to warn Purpled against joining Las Nevada's. What if there was someone trying to save him?

CONTAIN(S): they/them pronouns, in game AU, slight angst, gender-neutral!reader, platonic pairing (1,905)

AUTHORS NOTE: I had been wary of writing for Purpled but in a (now deleted) tweet, he stated that he is fine with anything written for his character (as long as it isn't weird) but is not comfortable with any works about the him the content creator himself.

AUTHORS NOTE:  I had been wary of writing for Purpled but in a (now deleted) tweet, he stated that he is fine with anything written for his character (as long as it isn't weird) but is not comfortable with any works about the him the content creat...

Purpled had made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with anyone residing in the Greater Dream SMP lands. Packing his stuff and moving out of his UFO, he headed towards the mountains with his dog where he would spend his days alone.

For a while he feared that someone would have followed him and spied on him. It was silly but how could he not when he was so used to having people barge in on his property asking for favors or just simply stealing? Thankfully however, his fears subsided the more comfortable he got in his new abode though this didn't fully dismiss his fear. There was always a lingering feeling that something, someone, could be watching him and for the first time, the feeling was correct.

Just above the mountain his house faced stood a familiar figure. Their head peeked out from a crack in the stone but their eyes went wide when he caught their gaze. Quickly retreating into the cave, Purpled grabbed his pickaxe from his chest and ran towards the mountain. A mix of anger and hope rushing over him.

Anger because he had clearly stated that he didn't want to be associated with anyone from the Dream SMP lands. That was in the past and he needed to move forward and he couldn't do that if people from his past were still haunting his present but there was also hope. Hope that he wasn't too slow and he'd be able to see them properly again. His mind was conflicted between the two until he had finally climbed into the cave and was standing just mere inches away from them when he realized which feeling outweighed the other.

"(Y/N)..." His voice trailed off, suddenly speechless when his mind was just filled with words seconds ago.

His mouth went dry as he tried to find those words once again. There was so much that he wanted to say yet here he was, staring at the person he used to call his best-friend with absolutely nothing to say. After what felt like hours, he decided that actions could possibly speak louder than words but the sudden action must've scared them since they quickly threw an ender pearl outside and in an instant, they were gone.