𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐁𝐎𝐎, don't you remember?

DON'T YOU REMEMBER?
A c!Ranboo & Ghost!Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: Not everything ever goes according to plan, Ranboo had to learn that the hard way

WARNING(S): Implication of death, in game AU, gender-neutral!reader, platonic pairing (582 words)

AUTHORS NOTE: i wrote this in like, twenty minutes so it's not edited. sorry haha

It was a cloudy day in L'manberg, or at least, where L'Manberg once stood

It was a cloudy day in L'manberg, or at least, where L'Manberg once stood. Storm clouds hung over Ranboo's head and even though he knew he should probably start looking for shelter, there was someone else who he thought should know before it was too late.

Ranboo walked towards L'Manberg, curious as to who the ghastly figure standing by the crater was. They wore a similar outfit to that of his friend (Y/N) who he hadn't seen ever since Doomsday but it couldn't have been, could it?

As he neared the figure, he felt his breath hitch in the back of his throat. "(Y/N)?"

The figure turned around with a curious expression on their face as they tilted their head at the hybrid who could not find the words to say. It was them, it was really (Y/N). He was happy they were here still but at the same time, Ranboo knew it wasn't the same person he was friends with.

"That's me, and you are?"

Ranboo felt his heart drop to his stomach. They didn't remember him? "I'm Ranboo, your friend." He replied, hoping this was a simple joke.

The ghost went silent for a moment, thinking, trying to recall any familiarity with the name while Ranboo stood impatiently with knots in his stomach as he waited for their response.

"You were one of the first people to help me get settled down in L'Manberg when I arrived," Ranboo started, hoping this could somehow help jog their memory. "You were busy helping Niki at her bakery but you agreed to help me build my house after you were done. We ended up getting lost in the forest while getting wood and almost got attacked by a skeleton until Tommy came."

When silence was the response he received, Ranboo continued.

"When we went out looking for a pet you kept getting chased by a llama. It ended up following you for the entire trip and you eventually kept it as your pet, he's still here as well. I'm sure you remember the llama? We named him Atlas because you thought it was funny and fitting....Don't you remember?"

Again, silence.

The ghost seemed to be deep in thought and Ranboo hoped that it was enough to trigger your memory. Even a small memory would do, he just wanted for you to remember him. That was all he wanted but alas, not everything goes his ways.

"I'm sorry but I don't remember."

If it was possible, Ranboo felt his heart drop again. He ignored the burning pain on his cheeks as he looked at them. It hasn't even started raining.

"It's uh, it's about to rain. You should probably get inside somewhere." Ranboo said and the ghost nodded, stepping away from the edge of the crater and off to who knows where before turning back towards him.

"Shouldn't you find some shelter as well?" They asked and Ranboo forced a tight-lipped smile before replying,

"I'll be fine."

The ghost simply nodded before heading off, leaving Ranboo to stand alone by the place his home once stood.

Even if his home was no longer here, and most definitely wasn't going to be rebuilt again, he wouldn't have minded the loss of his home had it not meant he'd lose his best-friend as well.

'Why did I have to lose everything?' He thought to himself as the burning sensation of raindrops on his skin pierced his skin. 'Why is it always me?'