𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐄, oblivious

"I want to feel your love the weather all over me."

OBLIVIOUS A c!George x Reader Blurb

OBLIVIOUS
A c!George x Reader Blurb

SUMMARY: It's frustrating having feelings for such an oblivious person

WARNING(S): In game AU, gender-neutral!reader (403 words)

AUTHORS NOTE: Here's a little drabble before I start my actual full length George fic. Definitely not my best but meh, I need to work on this kind of angst that isn't grief. Also if you know where the little quote on top of this drabble is from, ily

 Also if you know where the little quote on top of this drabble is from, ily

George glanced over his shoulder to where you were sitting behind him. Back pressed agaisnt the oak tree with your nose stuck in your book, you were completely oblivious to his staring. And when you did catch his gaze, you would simply brush it off with a smile before continuing with whatever you were doing. It infuriated him to no end.

How blind could someone possibly be to his 'painfully obvious' attempts' as Dream and Sapnap would put it. How could you be so blind to them when you're easily one of the smartest people he's ever met and arguably one of the smartest on the whole server.

"Is there something on my face?" Your voice broke him out of his thoughts.

You were currently desperately trying to get whatever was on your face off as George tried his best to contain his laughter. Even if your obliviousness did pain him, he still found it adorable.

Sighing, he turned around so that he was facing you before shaking his head 'no'.

"Well something had to be on it for you to be staring at me." You replied and George had to stifle a groan. He wanted to tell you that it was because he loved you, he wanted to love you and for you to feel the same way back but you were always so oblivious. Every attempt he made was always brushed off as friendly mannerism or the kindness of his heart.

All of the words he wanted to say were on the tip of hsi tongue, waiting to finally be said but as always, he refrained himself and instead said; "Nothing, you just look nice in (F/C)." And forced a smile on his face. George felt his heart ache more as he saw you smile back at him. Maybe one day he'll finally have the guts to be upfront with you but what if you've known all along? What if this was just your way of softly rejecting him.

Even if this was the case, he didn't mind. It was the closest he'd ever get to ever feeling even an ounce of your love.

They say love was painful, and though his friends argued saying it wasn't supposed to be like this, George couldn't complain when he wasn't even willing to risk it for a chance. So ignoring the aching feeling in his chest, George would suffice in the lies he told himself to keep himself sane.