Bad Day

Nobody's POV

Techno had been having a bad day.

Nothing was going right, he hadn't gotten enough sleep, he had broken his shield fighting mobs, shattered his favorite mug that morning, and one of his bees had escaped.

It seemed as if nothing could go right. An anger had been building up in him all day, the voices growing louder with each misfortune.

And now he was sparring with Tommy.

It was just like any other day, they were in the brothers' makeshift sparring arena with wooden swords. Tommy and Techno were sparring while Wilbur sat on the outside of the arena reading some sort of musical composure on sheets of paper.

They had been sparring for quite a while now and Techno definitely hadn't gone easy on him.

Tommy had tried to appear as if he was a big man, but with ever painful strike it just wasn't working.

They had been sparring around an hour now.

Tommy's counterattacks and blocks were getting noticeably weaker.

Tommy falls.

Techno speaks in an angry tone, "again".

Tommy manages to hoist himself up off the ground not wanting to admit to his weakness. He is covered in multiple bruises. His shirt hangs off of him in shreds. His head is pounding and he bites back tears as he stands up. He has a black eye and a trickle of blood drips down his forehead.

Wilbur looks up from his sheet music and his eyes widen, he jumps in, "Hey, Techno, maybe that's enough for today."

Techno just scoffs and barely allows Tommy to stand before going at him with hard, relentless blows once again.

Tommy manages to dodge a few but lets out a cry as he ends up back on the ground once again. Techno brings up his sword and slams it down on Tommy's chest, hard.

Tommy coughs and blood comes from his mouth and drips down his chin. He lays there clutching his ribs as he chokes out a sob, not being able to hold it in any longer.

However, Techno just seems angry.

Wilbur is fed up with the entire situation. "Techno, I said that's enough! Can't you see he's hurting!"

Techno scoffs and snaps back at him, "We have to prepare, Wilbur! We can't afford to be weak! Tommy's obviously weak since he can't seem to even stand after a few bruises! He needs to be better, for us, and this family!"

Wilbur, who is now as nearly as angry as Techno responds, "Techno, LOOK AT HIM!"

Techno turns and for a moment the voices quiet down as he truly sees his little brother, covered in bruises and coughing up blood, silently crying on the floor.

But only for a moment.

At the sight of Tommy's weakness it somehow only fuels the voices.

You need to make him strong

He'll be killed if he's not stronger

You're doing what's best for him

Keep going

Make him get up

Go again

You need to teach him better

He is weak

Techno's voice is barely above a whisper but it's deep, and strong, and terrifying,