Caring

This didn't really have much of a storyline, I just started writing to release some emotions so take it how you will (also I'm currently working on a chapter with like 10,000 words so sorry for slow updates), enjoy!

Tommy's POV

I sprinted through the woods, through the pouring rain and thunder. I jumped across small streams, I tripped over rocks, water soaked my clothes and hair, but it didn't matter because I just needed to run.

I needed to escape.

Another boom of thunder practically shook the Earth and I find my tree. The one I usually run to, it's gigantic and great for climbing. I blink through tears as I carelessly grasp at the branches, pulling myself further up.

Usually I would've stopped climbing by now.

I didn't.

I kept grabbing and pulling and twisting and climbing until my head broke through the leaves at the top. I flung my head up towards the sky as rain and tears blurred my vision. I was above the forest, I was so very close to the clouds, yet, in the dead it the night, I still couldn't find the stars.

The stars were hidden and taken from me by the big black clouds, I just wanted to climb up and be with them those hidden stats, become one of them.

A boom of thunder, a flash of lightning.

A creak of a branch that I couldn't hear due to the raging storm.

I used to be scared of thunder, you know? 

Even at the top of this tree as the storm raged on around me I couldn't find it in myself to be scared, what could the thunder take from me? What could it do to me that hasn't already been done?

They never notice, they never care. I'm cast aside.

I don't blame them. They get busy, but it would be nice to have the comfort at least once.

To have someone to talk to that would calm the raging storm inside my head.

Wilbur and Techno are good at everything they attempt, always praised by Phil. I've never been like them. They are all so busy all the time.

Why is this world so busy?

Can't everything just calm for a second, give me a moment to breathe?

No one ever has time for me.

And sure I might be being selfish, I should probably climb down and run back home and do the dishes and try to talk to them again another time, they were busy. They had things to do.

But to be quite honest, I didn't care.

What has caring ever gotten me anyway?

I look up to the night sky, the swirling clouds, the sky without the stars.

I look up and I scream, my emotions swirling around  my head and drowning me, ripping me further from the stars that were never there.

I'm falling, drowning in this sea of emotions as the sky disappears and branches rip and tear at my skin as I fall-

No, wait, I am truly falling.

I bank off of tree branches, I hit my head hard, I try to grab onto another branch but all I manage to do is rip up my hands, the branches tear at my skin as I crash between them.

I feel myself crash extra hard and a searing pain in my stomach, I pause for a moment in my falling before there's another crack and I go crashing the rest of the way down the tree.