Be Safe

Nobody's POV

Techno yawns as he sits up in his bed. The sun is barely peeking over the snowy mountains outside his window. He groans a bit remembering that he needs to go trade with the village today. He had been putting it off forever, but he needed to make sure they had enough food for the winter when it somehow got even colder than usual. Animals were rare in such cold times.

He walks over to his chest and begins to put on some armor and grab a few tools. He packs a boat and some potatoes, of course. The village wasn't extremely far, but it definitely wasn't close either.

He walks downstairs and glances towards the small boy wrapped in a bundle of blankets on the couch. He smiles. He walks over to the kitchen and sets some breakfast out on the table for when Tommy woke up. He also wrote a note-

Hey, Toms, I needed to go to the village for food, but I'll be back shortly. I set out some breakfast for you. As always don't leave the house and be safe.
                  ~ Tech

It was short and to the point and to some it might have looked very rushed and bland, however coming from Techno it packed a million more words. Even though Techno would never admit it, both of the boys knew that Be Safe was another way for him to say I love you.

He walks over to the boy and ruffles his hair. His name was Tommy. Techno had found Tommy on the village streets curled up and dying in the middle of winter. He was around 9 then. He had cuts and bruises everywhere and had obviously been abused. Tommy didn't like to talk about his past life much.

Either way, Techno knew he wouldn't survive if he stayed there, so he brought Tommy home meaning to admit him to an orphanage or at least somewhere warmer, but quickly grew attached.

Attachment was very rare for him. He only had attachments to a few things like his horse, or some special items, but neither of those were anything like what he felt for the boy. Tommy was now nearing 13.

His overwhelming sense to protect him was constant and he promised Tommy daily that he'd never let anything happen to him and that he would never have to experience the pain like he had in the past again.

That's part of the reason Techno decided to isolate himself from the rest of the SMP. He built his house far away and told no one of the location. No one knew of Tommy's existence and he made a promise that no one would ever know.

If they figured out such a powerful person had such a great weakness well...

If Dream figured it out-

No he refused to let himself even consider the possibilities. It wasn't Tommy's fault Techno was caught up with some dangerous people on the SMP and he refused to let anything happen to him because of it.

And with that thought he stepped out into the brisk morning air, closing the door quickly behind him.

However, even Techno can only do so much.

It had been a long day. His boat had broke halfway there forcing him to swim to the nearest piece of land (which was still far) and build another one. Techno had barely made it to the village by nightfall and was eventually coerced into staying the night by some villagers. He hated the thought of leaving Tommy alone that long after telling him that he'd be back soon, but if he tried to make it back in the night and ran into some mobs in this weather, he might never make it back to Tommy.

So in the end he was left staring out a small window in a cottage that he had been offered a night's stay in wondering how Tommy was doing.

Tommy's POV