The Song of Consequence

Okay, hello! Sorry it's been forever and also I am very sorry because I know that I said I would do a part two of The Boy next, I just had a really random inspiration from a TikTok to write this, but a part two of The Boy will definitely be out next. Also, if you are interested in watching the TikTok this is based off of, the username is @ghostfromgotham. Enjoy!

AN: In this AU Wilbur never died

Nobody's POV

The sun shone through the trees as the three boys walked on the path. Tommy walked and laughed with his two older brothers, Wilbur and Techno. It was nice, peaceful almost.

Tommy walked a bit ahead of his two brothers, looking at the almost magical forest in happiness and awe.

The birds were chirping and the sound of the water rushing through the creek brought a kind of pleasantness to all of them. It had been a few months since they had taken Tommy in from exile and despite multiple panic attacks and lots of flinching, Tommy had recovered fairly well.

Tommy's brothers and Phil never really knew about Dream's involvement in Tommy's exile and assumed Tommy was upset because he had been lonely for so long. They never truly considered the flinching, not reading too deeply into it and not even considering the possibility of abuse for it seemed too impossible.

They quite honestly had no idea how bad it had been for Tommy, his older brothers being compassionate and kind, but mostly figuring that Tommy's anxiety was overdramatized and exaggerated. They thought that Tommy had surely had a few friends that visited him, Tubbo, maybe Ranboo.

They had no idea how bad Tommy's exile had been.

They never questioned anything, so Tommy never told.

Instead, the boy hid most of his worse breakdowns and panic attacks.

But today seemed fairly happy and cheerful, Tommy felt safe for the first time in a long time, surrounded by his protective older brothers. His father had chosen to stay home and work on the farm they had been building. Tommy and his brothers decided to take a stroll through the forest, they were supposed to be collecting wood, but none of them paid any attention to the trees, joking with each other and basking in the warm sunlight. They had traveled quite far from the cabin in the snow and were now in a sunny, grassy forest.

Tommy stared in awe as a very large eagle soared above them. He giggled and pointed at it, "Look! It's talons are so sharp! That's so cool!"

Wilbur smirked and looked over at his twin, "Bet it could take Techno in a fight."

Techno rolled his eyes and said monotonously, "You have no idea what you're talking about, I could take that ball of feathers any day of the week." Techno pauses glancing back towards the large bird that was almost out of sight, "Also, I have more fingers, therefore, I am the superior being."

Wilbur laughed before shooting back, "Okay, but it has talons-"

It didn't matter what else was said because Tommy wasn't listening anymore. Techno's words had triggered something, a memory tucked deeply in his mind. A tune that had been sung to him, screamed at him far too many times, followed by his own screams of pain and blood.

So much blood.

Tommy couldn't help but cross his arms, almost hugging himself, his face paled. He began to sing the tune as he walked, drumming has fingers against his arms to the beat. He gazed straight ahead as his spine suddenly went rigid. His pace slowed slightly and his eyes glazed over. His voice was quiet, but still firm and very audible to his two brothers who were now also slowing their walking and staring at the younger boy with questioning looks.