Cold

This is a song one shot (song fic). The song is called: Be Nice To Me

I would advise maybe reading it and then listening and reading again or just listen while you read? I don't know it's a short song so it will probably take you longer to read than to listen, just do whatever you'd like! You don't even have to listen if you don't want to lol! This one shot alternates in between time, memories, and POVs, after every bold word. Hope you enjoy!

I feel the cold rain drops drip down my face and soak my clothes, or are those tears? I'm not really sure anymore.

I just know that I'm cold.

I stand on the sandy beach as I stare out towards the sea, towards my home... just out of reach...

always out of reach... I speak out to the lonely waters, I don't really have anyone else to talk to anymore...

"I've got boulders on my shoulders... collarbones begin to crack...

there is very little left of me and it's never coming back..."

I don't know if Dream will return today after he blew up Logstedshire...

but then again I don't really know a lot of things anymore.

I don't really know why I'm exiled, I don't know what I did to deserve any of this, I don't know why people aren't coming to visit me, why my father.. my brother.... why Tubbo isn't coming to visit me, I don't know when the last time I was happy was, or the last time I laughed...

I just know that I am so, so

cold

I stand outside my home... my real home. I'm trying to tell him, to explain to Tubbo how I'm feeling, why I grieved George's house. That with losing my brother and all the wars and all the violence... that I wasn't okay...

that I've never been okay.

I try to explain how unfair this is, how many other crimes that were far worse than mine have been committed, but he doesn't listen...

no one ever listens

Tomorrow my exile will be decided, but today I will fight, I will fight the same way I've always had.... but god I was so, so tired.

I shout at him, "There are certain things you ask of me, and there are certain things I lack!"

He comes back just as loud, "In the beginning we were winning, but now you're just making up facts!"

I feel rage pool inside of me as I scream back, "What's it matter anymore?! You don't believe the things I tell! There's no meaning to the words, but we still sing these songs well!"

He doesn't even acknowledge my words, he yells back, "If you had just left it alone, it would've worked itself out fine!"

I actually laugh, he's blaming me... again... just like always, I feel pangs of sorrow in my heart as I desperately scream back at him, "You keep playing with the numbers, but we are running out of time!"

We are running

W3 a4e r#nni8g

We stand on top of the obsidian walls that surround the country that valued compassion and freedom, the nation that wasn't corrupt or controlled,

or at least it used to be like that...

the nation I fought so, so hard for, the nation that cost me my innocence, that nation that cost me everything.