The Tale Of A Boy

There once was the tale of a boy.

A boy who fought in useless wars and lost far too much far too soon. A boy who was exiled from the very nation he gave his life for. A boy who was betrayed by the people he fought so hard for. A boy who was isolated and manipulated by a tyrant.

For this tyrant crushed the boy out of fear of what he'd become if left to grow.

So instead this tyrant centered himself around the boy, he crushed him, silenced him, did things so horrid and gruesome that they must never be spoken aloud. He drove the boy out of his own mind, drove him to do unspeakable things. There was no one there to save the boy like he had saved so many others.

He was manipulated and twisted in body, mind, and soul. He was left to rot with no one and nothing after he had given everything and every part of him to everyone else.

He lost himself in the process of living and trying for so many others.

He was left alone.

He was only 16.

However, the tyrant was overjoyed with the boy's crushed spirit. He was the only one who saw just how powerful the boy could become if left alone. It scared him, and the tyrant wasn't scared of anything...

anything except the helpless little boy.

That's why he decided to take care of it, crushing him, manipulating him, day after day, month after month until the boy was driven to take his own life.

The tyrant smiled at the destruction of the makeshift home the boy had built, he had done it.

He had crushed him.....

however, he had no idea that it would be his own downfall.

Because now as the people of the SMP stood around the tyrant who ruled over them with an iron fist, the boy was the one who stepped forward from the crowd.

The boy was the one who challenged the tyrant.

For the tyrant had given him exactly what he had needed to find himself. The sadness that had so easily turned into pure rage, the depression that had morphed into limitless power.

The tyrant had grown too power hungry, he was attempting to take over the entire SMP officially and he might've gotten away with it, no one else would dare challenge the powerful tyrant.

No one except the boy.

The boy that all the people had moved past, who they had forgotten and who was nothing more than a faint memory. The boy who they had abandoned on that island 5 years ago.

The only one that could bring down the tyrant that had ruled over them for far too long.

The tyrant didn't realize it yet though, all the tyrant saw was a small cloaked figure step forward from the crowd. He smiled at the rising challenge that he would inevitably crush.

Or so he thought.

And so the tyrant spoke.

"Oh, now who is this? You dare challenge me? Didn't you hear? I'm taking over all of it! For good."

The cloaked figure responds by unsheathing a sparkling netherite sword and holding it out to the side.

A silent warning.

The tyrant laughed at the feeble attempt of a threat, "You think that you can fight me? Do you have any idea who I am?"

This time the boy spoke as he unclasped his cloak. There were gasps and wide eyes from all around as the cloak fell to the ground.

"Oh I know exactly who you are, Dream."

There was only one who was not surprised, who stood a few feet behind the boy and stepped out of the crowd. The one who had helped the boy back to his feet, who had seen him for what he really was and loved him for it. He stared at the boy with such pride in his gaze.

The blood god.

He stood protectively behind the boy, but didn't get too close. This wasn't his fight, this was for the boy.

"T-Tommy?" The tyrant shouts in horror.

"You should've never left me alive on that island, Dream, that was your worst mistake."

The people stood and stared at the exchange with wide eyes finally seeing what the boy had become, the boy they had left alone to die.

"Th-That's impossible! You took your own life... you..." The tyrant stood perplexed and terrified at the one thing that could bring him down.

The tyrant suddenly decided to bring the conversation a different way, "T-Tommy, we're friends remember! Everyone else left you!"

"You have never been my friend."

And then they were fighting, a flurry of blood and clashes of metal as they parried and struck. It was like watching the sun and the moon, thunder and lightning, fire and ice. It was so incredibly breathtaking to everyone who stood watching them.

Impossible they thought, the boy was dead, the boy was weak, the boy had never had the strength.

They were wrong.

"I'll kill you, Tommy!"

"Don't be silly, Dream." The blood god spoke, watching the battle with a crazed joy. "He was the only one you could never kill, that's why you fear him."

"Techno?" The tyrant yelled in surprise.

"I never got it, I mean." The blood god continues, "why you feared him, but I get it now. His fueled anger..."

The blood god stared at the boy with a gleam in his eyes.

"... it's the most powerful thing I've ever seen."

The tyrant was on the ground. The boy held a sword to his throat.

"Tommy, I love you, please don't do this. I gave you everything, we were friends!"

Maybe in the past it would've worked. Maybe on a different day the boy would've stumbled back. Would've held his head in his hands and collapsed at the effect of the manipulation on his mind.

Maybe another day the tyrant would've stood up and laughed and ran his sword through the boy ending him once and for all.

But the tyrant had left the boy broken and damaged for far too long. Left him to find himself again and realize his own power.

He had made the most dangerous mistake.

He had let the boy heal.

So, the boy did not stumble, the boy did not blink, or waver, or even wince. The boy would not allow himself to be controlled again. Would not allow himself to be manipulated and pushed around by people who never gave a damn about him in the first place.

He would not let it happen again.

"It's over, Dream." The blood god said.

The boy smiled.

Never again.

And so the boy rose...

.... and the tyrant fell.

Dream was slain by TommyInnit