They Tell Me I'm A God

I used lyrics from the song above in some parts of the story and towards the end I pretty much use the exact words from the beginning of this, so if you listen to it once and imagine the situation you can understand the feel of the section and where I got my inspiration.

Nobody's POV

"He did what?" Wilbur asked, mortified by what the masked man had just told him.

"He blew it up, Wilbur.... all of it."

Five people stood in the snow, staring at their childhood home that was reduced to nothing but embers and ash.

Four of the five that stood there were the only people the blonde boy who clutched his head miles away cared about.

The only ones keeping him sane.

One of the five who's mask covered far more than his face lied like a wolf in sheep's clothing and continued to ruin the boy's life, turning his family against him.

Tommy had been hearing voices for months, what started out as small whispers had now morphed into screams, he let out a yell as he tried to mute them to no avail. He needed to get home, his family would help him.

They always helped.

Wether it was Techno's sparring lessons, Wilbur's teasing, Phil's fatherly comfort, or pulling pranks with Tubbo, they were always there.

The voices always seemed to quiet when then were around.

However, he had never told them of course, the voices were Techno's thing and no one besides Techno had them.

Well except for Tommy of course.

He knew how much Techno struggled to deal with the voices, only being able to manage them by talking about them with others.....

but Tommy didn't need to talk about them with anyone, right?

Right?!

Tears sprang to the boy's eyes as he stumbled through the snow, the smell of smoke in his nose. Strange, he thought.

He had no idea that his life was being torn from him at that very moment.

Not his survival, not the now rising beat of his heart, or the quick, gasping breaths that escaped his lips, but his life, his family, everything he had to live for.

The ones who had always been there and always would be.

They had to be....

because if they weren't... the voices somehow grew a bit louder and the boy winced.

Well, he wouldn't think about the alternative.

The masked man stood perfectly still as he lied through his teeth, his sad, pitiful tone hiding his devilish smirk.

"I'm sorry, he told me that he had planned it only hours before, I couldn't make it in time. He really has changed." Dream spared a glance to Tommy's family, happy to see the horror on their faces as he morphed their perception of the boy.

"He's different, I realize you haven't been able to tell, blinded by love of course, but he's dangerous, he's told me of his hate for each of you for months. I should've known... but...." Dream winces and looks to the ground.

Damn, he was good at this.

"Surely, you've noticed," he says looking back up to the mortified group. "His constant muttering, his flinching, his weird behavioral changes."

Dream knew, Dream knew of the voices, of their effect on Tommy....

and he'll be damned if it didn't use it to his advantage.