A Hidden Family

Nobody's POV

Wilbur smiled as he heard Tommy's laugh echo through the house. "Guess someone's enjoying himself," he said to Phil and Techno.

Techno resided in his own chair a few feet away and Phil sat on the couch with Wilbur. Tommy was upstairs streaming with friends. Wilbur was happy to hear Tommy laughing again.

One year ago Tommy's parents had passed in a car accident. Phil had immediately jumped to take in the boy, Wilbur and Techno moving into the house Phil bought in the UK. They all supported the boy as he overcame the death of his parents. It had hit him hard. Yet Tommy had been doing extremely good these past couple months, knowing his parents would want him to be happy.

He had even started streaming again, and was evidently happy about it as another burst of laughter echoed from upstairs.

"And my reading suffers because of it," Techno said back, yet his tone was playful.

No one knew that Tommy now resided with Phil, Wilbur, and Techno besides the people on the SMP. They wanted to avoid releasing that to the public because then they'd have to explain where Tommy's parents had gone, and Tommy had made it incredibly clear that he did not want that information out in the world.

"Let's watch him, Phil!" Wilbur said, grabbing the remote and flicking on the TV.

"You know he wouldn't approve of that, Wil," Phil said, rolling his eyes, yet it seemed as if he wanted to watch Tommy as well.

"When he comes down here and finds out I will not be the one saving you guys from imminent murder." Techno drawls, yet Wilbur was already clicking on the Twitch icon.

After clicking on Tommy's stream, they learned he was fooling around on a server with Tubbo and Ranboo. Playing with some mod that seemed to change your jumping height depending on who retained a certain enchanted stick.

"Ranboo, since I am the biggest man here, I shall be needing that stick back."

"Oh.... hm okay."

Ranboo threw the stick on the ground and Tommy jumped down to collect it, but before he could Tubbo jumped down and took it, immediately changing the settings and causing them all to fly in the air as they jumped.

"Wooohooooo!"

"TUBBO! GIVE IT BACK, BITCH!"

Phil laughed and Wilbur smiled warmly, even Techno couldn't hid the humorous glint in his eyes. They were all happy to see Tommy so full of life. He had fallen so far after his parents' death. Eyes dull, a silent demeanor, he wouldn't even eat unless Techno practically forced him to.

They were happy to see Tommy happy, and they would never let anything else hurt him again.

Which was why when a certain unkind dono appeared on Tommy's stream, they instantly felt their hearts drop.

"Tommy, you are literally way too loud, how does anyone even put up with you?"

The dono rung out and Tommy looked over towards it, smile falling. He grimaced and turned back to his game, muttering a simple, raspy,

"Mods."

Tommy then began to try and join back in with the fun, yet the light in his eyes seemed a bit more muted.

"What the fuck? Why would his mods even let that come through?!" Wilbur said, tone angry.

"Sometimes that stuff happens, Wil. I'm sure it was an accident." Phil rushed to defend the mods, yet his face looked grim all the same.