The Boy

Nobody's POV

Tommy splashed through the puddles on the sidewalk as he practically sprinted home with a wide smile on his face. He looked down again at the paper in his hand, hardly believing it was real. He had gotten a 96% on his test!

Now to some, this might not seem like much, but to Tommy it was everything. Tommy tried so hard in school, but somehow always came up with B's or C's unlike his brothers who always seemed to have perfect grades.

 Hell, Techno was probably the smartest in the school. Tommy would say Wilbur was in the top 20 and Tubbo somewhere in the top 50 at least. 

But Tommy, well Tommy was no where near any of them. He tried so very hard. He stayed up countless nights and spent many hours studying and writing and reading. He just wanted to be like them, to make them proud... to make Philza proud.

To not be the embarrassment of the family.

It was definitely taking a toll on his health of course... he wasn't eating much anymore, there was no time and he didn't really feel like he deserved to relieve himself of the pain of hunger. Not until he could make them proud. He had large eye bags and was sickly pale, his family didn't notice much due to Tommy keeping up his facade of a boisterous personality, but even he was starting to let that slip due to how tired he was. He can't remember the last time he truly slept. He had even checked his heart rate the other day in medical class and was surprised to see it far above the average for his age despite him feeling more tired than ever. He had even had an incident earlier today where he had fallen asleep in Environmental Science. 

 All the books and scrawl of his handwriting on his desk proved his work ethic. He had worked so very hard. He had recently been making high B's on his tests as well, but every time he would try to mention it, someone would speak over him about their perfect A or their recent songwriting. So instead, he had felt worthless once again deciding that he wasn't good enough and crumpled up the test, throwing it under his desk. 

But that didn't matter anymore because he had done it! He looked down again at the bright red letter in thick marker. It was next to a big smiley face and a small note from his teacher that said, "Great Work!" She had been noticing his improvement. 

Somehow, looking at the letter that he had worked so very hard for caused his smile to grow even larger. He was going to make sure they knew, they would have no choice, but to pay him some attention now. He was going to get the only thing he had ever wanted, the only thing he had ever cared about...

for them to finally be proud of him. 

He felt some light rain start to drizzle down from the clouds. He smiled up at the sky embracing the cold chill of the raindrops before once again picking up his pace towards his home barely able to contain his excitement.

It had started to rain quite a bit now and his clothing had managed to get pretty soaked, but it didn't bother him. He turned the final corner and onto the street of his house. He let out a whoop of joy that echoed down the long street of houses, not caring how the neighbor letting his dog out across the street looked at him with surprise and evident distaste. 

He nearly knocked the door down as he barged into his house, paper still clenched tightly in his hand and yelled, "Hey guyssssss! Guess who's home?!!"

He was immediately met with the smell of spaghetti coming from the kitchen. Tommy grinned, he knew that would make Tubbo happy since it's his favorite. He walked in and was met with the rest of his family scattered happily around the kitchen.

Techno sat at the counter with coffee in one hand and a book in the other, he didn't seem to be very interested in whatever he was reading as he seemed to be conversing with the rest of his family.