12.

Three weeks later

The last three few weeks felt so normal, I forgot what being a vampire was like. Jade and I went on so many dates, I stopped counting. I didn't see Lauren nor Alex that much, because I was basically always on the get and go with Jade and her friends. 

Dinah was teaching Leigh-Anne right now since Lauren and I figured Leigh-Anne could learn the best from a former witch. Also, that way we would have someone who could keep an eye out on Leigh-Anne, since they seemed to get along very well.

I got to know Jade a lot better in the last three weeks. By now I knew her for a month and it was crazy, because it felt like I knew her for much longer. She was becoming more important to me every day and it became even harder for me to keep this secret about me being a vampire much longer, but I wasn't sure how to tell her.

I did find out that Jade was in fact related to Alex's fathers' side of the family and that the Thirlwalls were actually one of the founders' families. The Thirlwalls had been living here since the 1850's.

Odd that I couldn't remember meeting any of them back then. But I didn't really care, because I got to meet Jade. And I was well aware how whipped I was. Her friends always reminded me when we were hanging out and Jade was on the toilet or something.

I actually became really great friends with Jesy. It was already hurting me knowing I'd have to leave all of them one day and erase their memories. I wish I didn't need to do that.

"You never told me why you're wearing that ring every day.", Jade now mentioned, who was sitting at her desk doing homework, while I was on her bed, laying on my stomach, doing homework, too. It felt good to feel normal, even if I didn't actually have to study anything.

Her question did make me nervous. I never thought about what I would say if she'd ever ask about it, because I thought I could just threw it off as a jewelry thing. But I guess since I always wore it on my index finger and literally never took it off, not even when doing the dishes, Jade probably figured it had a meaning to me.

"It was my mum's.", I answered. It wasn't untrue. It was my mother's ring. Lauren had my father's. When a witch called Ella made our rings we were able to choose them freely. I chose mine in honor of my mum. Lauren chose our dad's because of her hatred towards them.

They never had it easy. Lauren always got belittled by our father because she was different than women in the 1800 hundreds. She never listened to anything he said or ordered, always got out at night and went hunting with her best friend Normani and never let him criticize her.

He normally answered with a slap to the face.

Lauren had always been a very strong woman, even before she became a vampire. But I never thought that Lauren killed our father because of hatred. Actually, I always figured that the hurt she endured from him all those years was coming up to the surface when her vampire powers intensified her feelings. She reacted on impulse.

On another occasion that never would have been forgivable and I was aware that everyone else was probably thinking differently, but I saw it all play out in front of my eyes. Our father really wasn't a great man and he definitely favored me over Lauren. Not because I didn't sneak out or anything, but because he never caught me. He always thought I was alone in my room, reading a book or writing in my diary, while actually, Lauren helped me sneak out to meet my then love affair named Ava and let herself caught when she came back from hunting.

She always tried to distract him while I was coming home through my window. I always felt bad about it and I was always grateful. I didn't think Lauren knew how grateful I was. She was just doing too much for me. She always was.