Chapter 2

I LOOKED AND WATCHED ALL OVER THE LAND FOR A SOLID TWO HOURS NOW and to my relief there was no sign of any threats. While I was looking I heard footsteps coming from behind me. I felt terrified and I prepared my weapons in case it was an enemy. I turned around and I saw a knight walk up the stairs. I then shouted "HALT! YOU SHALL NOT TRESPASS ON THE PROPERTY  OF THE DIVINE KNIGHTS!" The knight halted and said, "Relax my lady, I don't wish to cause harm." I lowered my weapons slowly since he obeyed. I then asked, "Who are you? Speak your sole purpose! You are speaking to a Divine Knight of Veiliandor!". The knight then said this, "Forgive me for startling you my dear, my name is Lance. I have come in terms of seeking friendship and for cooperation.". I then said, "I accept your friendship, come forth and have a lookout.". I then went back to what I was doing making sure there was nothing in sight and everyone was peaceful. Lance then tapped my shoulders and said, "Who are you? You did not reveal yourself to me.". I then said this to him, "The name is Savvy! I am the eternal guardian of Lightning and I serve as one of the five Divine Knights of the mighty lord herself, Veiliandor!". Lance then bowed down to me and said, "It is truly an honor to meet you, Savvy. We shall both watch over this together.". I then kept looking around until I saw Tremondor coming for his shift. I then said, "Well then Lance, I must get back to the palace.". Lance then said, "How come?". I responded, "Another Divine Knight is coming to take their shift. I honestly hope they are careful today.". Lance then nodded and Tremondor came up the steps and said, "Ah Savvy! Hello again!". I waved at him and Lance said to Tremondor, "Hello there good fellow, I am Lance, a friend to all knights.". Tremondor then said to me, "Is Lance your friend Savvy?" I then said this, "Yes, he came up the tower this morning and he will help me out during my shifts!". Tremondor then took over the tower and me and Lance went down the steps. "Make sure you're ready to go by nine! That is when my shift starts!", I told Lance. He then said, "Got it! I shall see you again". I then whistled for my dragon, Cinder to come forth. He then landed right next me and Lance said, "What?! You have a dragon?!!! Those things are VICIOUS!". I chuckled and said, "Not for me they are! I found this little guy when I was a little girl! He was lost one day and I decided to raise him and train him myself! He is now officially my companion when it comes to huge battles." Lance then said back, "That is really awesome!! Maybe someday we both can ride him around for fun!". I nodded in agreement if I ever get the day off. I then boarded onto Cinder and said, "Farewell Lance! I will be back soon!". Cinder then took off in the sky and Lance was waving bye to me as I flew back to the palace. After about ten minutes I returned back to the palace and Cinder rested by the foot of the palace entrance.