Chapter 19

I sighed, looking at the ground with my hands on my hips as Steve approached. "This has been a long day and it isn't even noon yet," I said. "Yeah," he agreed. There was the sound of tires squealing, and I squinted into the distance, seeing a car rip around the curves on the way to the front of the facility. They overshot it a little, backing up and rolling down the window.

"Why the long faces? Let me guess, he turned into a baby," Tony said. "Among other things, yeah," I admitted. "What are you doing here?" Steve asked. "It's the EPR Paradox. Instead of pushing Lang through time, you pushed time through Lang. It's tricky, dangerous, someone could've cautioned you against it," Tony said, climbing out of his car. "You did," Steve pointed out.

"Oh, did I? Well, thank god I'm here. Regardless, I fixed it. A fully functional, time-space GPS. I just want peace," he said, flashing the peace sign. "Turns out, resentment is corrosive and I hate it," he continued. "Us too," I said, glancing at Steve. "We got a shot at getting these stones, but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost? I hope, yes. Keep what I found? I have to, at all costs. And...maybe not die trying would be nice," he said. "Sounds like a deal," Steve said, holding out his hand.

The three of us shook on it before Tony moved to his trunk. He picked something up, dumping a bunch of other things off to reveal Cap's shield, all new and shiny and missing the claw marks. He held it out in front of Cap, who sighed. "Tony, I don't know," he admitted. "Why? He made it for you. Plus, honestly, I have to get it out of the garage before Morgan takes it sledding," Cap slid it onto his arm, which he moved down to his side.

"Oh, yeah, here. Gotta get it out of the house before Morgan uses it for playtime," he tossed a bundle of black, scaly fabric at me. Instantly, I knew it was my suit, or at least a version of it. "Thank you, Tony," we said. "Will you keep those a little quiet? Didn't bring one for the whole team. We are getting the whole team, yeah?" He asked. "We're working on that. Plus a few extra," Cap admitted.

"A few extra?"

a/n Okay, so, this is gonna be a triple update, and next week it'll be three chapters on Wednesday and four on Saturday so this and Thallium end on the same week, and on the 17th, two new stories will be published. Those stories will be announced on the tenth or this coming Wednesday.

 Those stories will be announced on the tenth or this coming Wednesday