Chapter 22

"Ellie, you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chrono-shift--don't worry about it," Bruce warned as Nebula tapped away near my shoulder. "Wait--wait for a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and--" he made a strangling motion. "First of all, that's horrible--" Bruce started. "It's Thanos," Rhodey argued. "Secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future," Bruce argued.

"Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them--Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved!" Scott said. "That's not how it works," Nebula muttered. "Well, that's what I heard," I mumbled. "Wait, but who? Who told you that?" Bruce asked. "Stark Trek, Terminator, Time Cop, Time After Time, Quantum Leap, Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time," Rhodey started. "Hot Tub Time Machine," Scott mentioned.

"Hot Tub Time Machine, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure! Basically any movie that deals with time travel," Rhodey finished. "Die Hard! Not, that's not one," Scott mumbled. "This is known," Rhodey insisted. "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it. If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future, and your former present becomes the past, which now can't be changed by your new future!" Bruce argued. "Exactly," I jumped slightly, having forgotten about Nebula since she was out of my eye line.

"So Back to the Future is a bunch of bullshit?" Scott asked, and I grinned. "That's where your mind goes?" I questioned. "Have you not seen a time travel movie?" Rhodey asked. "Dude, I haven't watched Star Wars--Stark Trek--whatever the hell it's called these days. I'm completely ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff," I admitted. "Okay, we're watching those movies at the end of this. This is an injustice that will not stand!" Rhodey declared.

a/n Okay, so the day I'm writing this, February 17th, my dad and I finished watching the Infinity Saga. Gotta say, it was a hell of a ride considering this was the first time I watched the films in release order (I first watched the Guardians movies, then I watched Infinity War and Endgame which was a stupid move on my part, then I watched the films in chronological order). Honestly, at first, I didn't like this franchise. I thought superheroes were stupid and overrated, but over quarantine, I had nothing to do. So, I said to hell with it, and sat down and binged the films over 3 weekends. Best decision of my life.

 Best decision of my life