Chapter 1

3rd Person's POV

"Alright kid, you're an Avenger," Tony tapped either side of Peter's shoulders, knighting him. Back on Earth, while everyone in New York was running around in terror about the batch of aliens that had just descended on New York, the Barton family was having a picnic. The two boys were passing a ball back and forth, along with Nat. Clint was giving an archery lesson to Lila, while Ellie worked in the barn, her cassette playing. She was out of view of everyone else, which was quite lucky considering what was about to happen.

"There's one more person we need to get," Stark told Strange. "Who?" Strange asked. "Ellie Barton. Can you do your portal thingy again?" Tony asked. "I need to know where before I can open a portal," Strange said. "Okay. Um... a rural farmhouse in Missouri, isolated and quiet," Tony said.

A shimmering yellow portal opened behind her, and she turned around, her joint creaking. "Is this her?" Strange asked, looking at the confused young woman. "Yep. Kid, come through the wizard's portal," Ellie heard Stark say, but she couldn't see him. "I can't, Tony. You know that. The tracker comes off tomorrow. Is it really important enough to risk extending my prison sentence?" Ellie asked. "It's not overselling it to say the fate of the universe is at stake," Strange told her, and Ellie sighed.

 "I retired from that life. I don't even have my suit anymore. The feds took it when I was placed under house arrest," She said. "I don't have time for this," Tony muttered and pulled Ellie through the portal. Strange closed the portal, and Ellie crossed her arms. "Fine, I'll help. But I better be home in time for dinner. Dad'll kill me otherwise," She said. "Now, who or what's threatening the universe this time?" She sighed.

"His name is Thanos. He plans to gather the Infinity Stones and wipe out half the universe," Strange said. "Who are you two, again?" She asked, looking at Strange and Peter. "I'm Peter. Peter Parker," Peter offered her a hand, which she shook. "Wait, you're that kid from the airport. That was a stupid decision on your part," She said, looking at Tony. "My name is Dr. Stephen Strange," Strange said.

"Nice to meet you, Doc. Question, do we have any of these Infinity Stones or know where they are?" She asked. "I have the Time Stone," Strange said, and she looked at Tony. "Vision has the Mind Stone," He said. "Great. Then we just need to find Vision," I said. "That's the problem. He turned off his transponder two weeks ago. He's off the grid," Tony admitted, and Ellie pinched the bridge of her nose.

"You lost another super bot, Tony? You remember what happened last time you did that," She said, annoyed. "I've already heard this song and dance, Scotch," He sighed. "Okay. One more thing. Where are we?" She asked. "In Thanos' ship, millions of miles above Earth," Strange supplied. "Damn you, Stark. Okay, here's the plan. If my guess is correct, we're heading back to his home planet, whatever that is. So, instead of turning around and heading home, we go there. He wouldn't expect us to do that, so we'll be on more even ground," She said.

"One thing. Here, put this on," Tony tossed her a black bundle. "Give me...two seconds," Ellie vanished, along with the suit, then reappeared with the mask in her hand. After a catastrophic attempt at steering on Stark and Peter's part, they arrived on Titan. "I'm going to make you pay for all the stupid things you've done one day, Stark," Ellie grumbled, snapping her leg back into place. "Let me just say, if aliens wind up implanting eggs in my chest or something and I eat one of you, I'm sorry," Peter lowered himself down from a string.

"I do not want another single pop culture reference out of you for the rest of the trip," Stark scolded him like a father. "I'm trying to say that something is coming," He said. "You couldn't have said that earlier?" Ellie asked, pulling on her mask. She kicked up off the ground while the rest got flung across the ship. "Thanos!" A knife soared through the air.

"Great, now there's these guys,"