Chapter 10

The Avengers Facility slowly came into view, and I could see people on the ground coming towards us. The ship touched the ground as we stood in front of the entrance. Nebula was holding Tony up, and I insisted I could get down by myself. I had an old pipe as a leg since mine had gone heck knows where. The entrance gate thing lowered down, and Nebula helped Tony ease his way down the ramp.

I moved slowly, the pipe cutting into my skin. Steve ran up, grabbing me by the arm. "We couldn't stop him," I said quietly. "We couldn't either," He said, as Tony staggered over. "I lost the kid," He whispered.

"Tony, we lost," He said. "Is Tanya alright?" Tony asked. "Yeah, she's fine," Steve claimed. "Don't lie to me, Rogers. Where is she?" Tony hissed. "I'm sorry, Tony. We saved as many as we could," He said solemnly.

I took another step forward without assistance, but I stepped on a rock and fell to my knee. Grumbling, I ripped the pipe off and just hovered a few inches off the ground, my toe brushing the grass. I could hear Pepper beside me, gasping and muttering. Natasha came up to me, looking grim. She passed me a piece of paper.

"What is this?" I asked. "Just read it," She said. I glanced at the paper, which had two words scrawled on it shakily. They're gone. My head hung and my shoulders drooped.

My family was dead.