Chapter 2

Two people started flying around, firing guns at them. I had nothing but my abilities, so I started firing acid from my wrists. "Everybody stay where you are, chill the eff out!" A man said, putting a gun to Peter's head. He pressed a button and the mask disappeared. "I'm gonna ask you this one time. Where's Gamora?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll do you one better. Who's Gamora?" Stark said. "I'll do you one better. Why is Gamora?" Someone asked. "Tell me where the girl is or I swear I'm gonna french fry this little freak," He threatened. "Let's do it! You shoot my guy and I'll blast him! Let's go!" Stark formed a blaster with his fist and aimed it at the guy from before. "Do it Quill! I can take it," They said.

"No, he can't take it!" A girl cried. "She's right. You can't," Strange said. "Oh yeah? You don't want to tell me where she is? That's fine. I'll kill all three of you and beat it out of Thanos myself," The man, Quill, scoffed. "What, what? Thano--Okay, let me ask you this one time. What master do you serve?" Strange asked. "What master do I serve? What am I supposed to say, Jesus?" Quill scoffed.

"You're from Earth," I said, landing between Strange and Stark. "I'm not from Earth, I'm from Missouri," Quill said. "That's on Earth, dipshit! What are you hassling us for?" I said. "So you're not with Thanos?" Peter asked. "With Thanos? No! I'm here to kill Thanos. He took my gi--what, you are you?" Quill asked.

"We're the Avengers, man," Peter said, and Quill let go. "You're the ones Thor told us about," Antennae said. "You know Thor?" Stark asked. "Yeah. Tall guy, not that good looking, needed saving," Quill said. "Where is he now?" Strange asked.

"We don't know, why do you think we're here?" Quill asked. "Come on, let's get outta here before this place falls on our heads," I said, and we dismounted the ship. "What the heck happened to this planet? It's 8 degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place," Quill said, holding out a space dohickey. "Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. Alright, I have a plan, or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't want to dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet. Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I just said?" I rolled my eyes. Typical Stark. I thought.

"I stopped listening when you said we needed a plan," He admitted. "Okay, Mr. Clean's on his own page," Stark said. "See, not winging isn't really what we do," Quill said. "What exactly is it you do?" Peter asked. "Kick names, take ass," Antennae said.

"That's right," He said. "Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?" Tony said. "Mr. Lord. Star-Lord is fine," We all gathered in a circle. "We gotta coherse. Because if all we go at him with is a plucky attitude--" Stark said. "Dude. Don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan, except, it sucks. So let me do the plan and that way it might be really good," Quill said.

"Having or showing determined courage in the face of difficulties," I supplied, and Stark sent me a look. "Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe," He said. "What dance-off?" Stark asked. "It's not a--It's not a--It's nothing," Quill stuttered. "Like in Footloose? The movie?" Peter asked.

 "Exactly like Footloose! Is it still the greatest movie in history?" Quill asked. "It never was," Peter said, and Quill looked confused. "Don't encourage this, alright? We're getting no help from Flash Gordon," Tony said. "Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half-human. So the 50% of me that's stupid? That's 100% you," Quill said. "Your math is blowing my mind," I snapped.

"Excuse me, but does your friend often do that?" We looked over to see Strange floating, his head looking like it was glitching. "Strange! We alright?" As we approached, he fell to the ground, crying out in shock. "You're back, you're alright," Tony said. "Hey, what was that?" Peter asked. "I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all possible outcomes of the conflict," Strange said.

"How many did you see?" Quill asked. "14,000,605," Strange asked. I bit my lip, that was a lot of possible outcomes. "How many did we win?" Stark asked. "One," Strange said.

He was looking straight at me.