two // dark dreams

-Gabry-

         I walked to my normal stump and sat down, the snow soaking into my pants. A foot of snow covered everything in sight, but I didn't care. Like I said, I always come out here no matter what. I sat there and breathed in the icy air, taking in the beauty of snow and nature.

          But then I saw it. The house in the distance, a half a mile into the woods. A figure came out of the backdoor, clearly visible for me to see. I squinted my eyes to get a better view. The figure was male, I could tell from the way he stood, broad shoulders and all. What caught me off guard though was that he was wearing only a t-shirt and shorts, even though it was clearly 10 degrees out and a foot of snow was on the ground. He looked like he didn't even notice that it was snowing at all.

           My brow furrowed in confusion, but I was ripped away when I heard someone behind me. I turned around and gasped. Alec stood there, tears streaming down his face as a man with pitch black hair held him firm. I felt myself trying to scream, but no sound came out.

           "Gabry. . .RUN!", he screamed as the figure bit him on the left side of his neck. He let out a bloodcurdling scream as the man bit into his flesh, I could hear the skin breaking and bone snapping from 8 feet away. I felt tears stream down my face as my knees buckled, but then I remembered the warning.

            Run.

            I took off into the woods, leaving Alec and the man behind in my backyard. I had to get away as fast as I could. I ran and ran even though my legs pleaded for me to stop, my lungs about to burst open. I ran for as long as I could before I tripped over a root. I braced myself for impact-

            but I shot up in my bed, clutching my sheets. I breathed heavily in and out as I looked at my surroundings. I was in my room. I let out a breathe of relief, wiping sweat away from my forehead with the back of my hand.

            What kind of dream was that? I sat there for a few minutes before I got out of bed. I grabbed my phone from its charger and looked at the clock, 8:20 gleaming back at me.

           Oh Crap! School started 20 minutes ago!

            I quickly threw my phone on my bed and opened my door, screaming for my mom.

             "Mom! MOM!", I screamed down the hallway to the stairs. I could hear the TV on.

             "What!? Did something happen?", she asked frantically as she appeared at the foot of the stairs. I looked at her dumbfounded.

             "Uhh YEA! School started 20 minutes ago! Why didn't you wake me up?", I asked her as I rushed to my bathroom across the hall, searching for my toothbrush and toothpaste. I heard her laugh.

              "What are you laughing about?", I asked her, anger rising up in my chest as I finally found my toothbrush.

                "School got cancelled today. Too much ice on the free way from the storm last night, I thought it would be nice of me if I let you sleep in", she said in a matter-of-fact tone. I stopped searching and peeked my head around the corner of the bathroom door and down the stairs.

                 "Oh. . .Well you could have woken me up and at least told me!", I said as I put my toothbrush back in my drawer and exited the bathroom. I was about to go in my room before my mom called after me again.