seven // cookie act

-Niall-

The Next Day, 4:36 a.m. (Saturday)

     I sat in my room on my side with my face to the wall. My left arm under my pillow. Yes, I was untied now. Liam finally trusted himself to finally believe that I had calmed down after the 'accident' two days ago. I haven't gotten up at all from my bed. There wasn't that much to do around here anyways. No Tv. No video games. Nothing. I always just sit on my bed and daydream all day and night, but some nights are hunting nights. Like tonight.

     Liam says that since I'm approaching my 'middle age' in my Newborn Year that he was going to let me tag along with everybody else. I was surprised that he wanted me to go hunting with everyone, even after what happened a couple days ago. Even if he did trust me, honestly, I didn't even trust myself. I hated drinking blood from people, but at the same time. . . I loved it. I tried to hold myself back every time Liam took me hunting, but once I either smelled it or saw it-something in me snapped. My mind goes blank and before I know it I. . . killed someone.

     Before my mind could wonder any longer, I felt a pinch in my gut that caused me to throw my right arm around myself. I doubled over on my side and winced. Speaking of blood, I haven't even fed in almost 3 days. I didn't even realize how hungry I am.

     I needed to distract myself. As soon as the pain subsided I pushed myself up and stood up off my bed, nausea taking over me as soon as I stood straight. I closed my eyes for a second before it went away. Opening my eyes, I quietly opened the door and stepped out into the hallway. Leaving the bedroom door wide open, I walked slowly down the dark hallway and into the living room were Liam sat on the hard wood floor, shuffling through boxes that were left over from us moving.

     I looked around at the living room, which was partially decorated instead of empty. The fireplace sat in the middle of the far wall once you look into the room, curtains covering the floor to roof windows on either side of it. A empty tv stand sat on the right wall as I looked in, with a few shelfs hammered into the walls on the left side. Books and small statues placed on top of them for decoration. The door was behind me, tile flooring cutting away at the living room's laminated wood. A small potted plant sat near the door as a decoration mirror was nailed to the opposite wall of the plant.

     It did look well decorated, but I knew that we wouldn't stay here long. Probably only for at least 3 months. This was my second move since Liam and the boys took me in. They had migrated to Ireland, where I'm from. Then we moved to Maine directly after. Liam said that it would arouse suspicion if we stayed in Ireland and I was still walking on the streets, even when I was supposed to be dead. We stayed in Augusta, Maine for 5 months before we packed up and moved here.

     Liam sat in the living room, he looked up as I walked in. I put my hands in my pj pockets, feeling exposed for being in the living room.  Me being used to always staying in my room, it felt weird to be in any other part of my house.

     "You decorated nicely I see", I told him to break the awkward silence.

     He gave a weak smile, " Thanks, Louis mainly set it up though. Him being a perfectionist and all."

     I gave a faint laugh. "Speaking of which, where is everyone?"

     "They left to go downtown before the sun rises, Harry and Zayn complained of being cooped up too much. So I guess they went to the pub."

     I knew he was lying. Vampires can't eat or drink any human food, including alcohol. My best guess is that they wanted a snack before tonight.

     "Oh. . . And I assume your babysitting me, aye?", I asked wearily pointing my index finger at him. He looked up from his box and gave a small nod. I put my hand back in my pocket and nodded back.