cute boys + rain

George sat in his English class, staring out the window. It was raining and the rain was pattering loudly against the windows. He had blocked out the teacher's voice from his mind so he was just thinking about what he was going to do when he gets home from school. He sighed as he turned his attention back to the teacher. She was teaching something about capitalization because some high school students still don't use proper capitalization.

The bell suddenly rang in George's ears and he winced at the loud noise. George grabbed his english book and he stuffed it into his already full book bag. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. He walked out of the classroom, grabbing his phone and looking through his notifications. He then heard a thud to his left and he adverted his gaze towards the noise.

There was a girl now on the floor. Her textbooks and other items were sprawled across the floor. In front of her was one of the football players, Jay. George put his phone in his pocket and started to walk faster to the cafeteria. He didn't want to be caught in the eye sight of Jay. He was the football player who was a complete asshole.

"George, there you are." Tommy said, exhaling a breath of relief.

"Yeah, obviously." George said, sitting down at the table.

"I thought you got held up by Jay." Tommy said, now looking nervously at the cafeteria doors.

"I try to keep out of his eyesight, Tommy." George said.

The whole cafeteria went silent as the principal walked up to the double doors of the cafeteria. George's head turned to see what was going on.

"As you students know, we have our first football game next Friday." She said, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"I will be introducing our players for the new season." She said, a smile playing on her lips.

"Is there new players?" Tommy asked George.

"Shut up and listen." George said.

There was names being called every second. None of which George really knew. He had heard of some of the players but he was waiting for Jay's name to be called because he knew that he would be on the team.

"Jay Anderson." The principal called.

Jay walked through the double doors, winking stupidly at girls who were sitting near the doors. The girls ignored him and rather went back to their conversation, ignoring the football team announcement.

"And our quarterback for this year. . . Clay Johnson!" The principal announced.

A boy by the age of seventeen or sixteen walked through the double doors. All conversation stopped as the boy walked into the cafeteria. He had dirty blonde hair that was grown out near his ears. His eyes were a forest green color which stood out against his pale skin. He had a white sweater on and on top of the sweater was the classical red letterman jacket that had his last name on the back of it and three numbers, 404.

"I thought you could only have 2 numbers as a jersey number?" George asked Tommy, reaching over the table to whisper quietly.

"I don't know, I'm not into sports." Tommy said, shooing George away.

"Carry on with your lunch, students." The principal said, leaving the room.

George held his gaze upon the new student as he walked over to the football table which was filled up almost, just waiting for Clay to take the last spot. He sat down and his gaze scanned over the cafeteria, pausing at certain things on the cafeteria walls, not pausing to look at girls or anything. His gaze continued across the room and it fell on George. George wanted to move his gaze away from Clay, but it was like Clay had some control over George and his eye-contact. After what felt like hours, Clay moved his gaze back to the boys in front of him who were acting very immature.

"What was that, George?" Tommy asked him, referring to the intense eye-contact that had just happened.

"I don't know, Tommy." George said, looking back to Tommy not ever wanting to make eye contact with Clay anymore.