fighting + lies

Clay always had unfinished business somewhere. There was some at his old school, and some here as well. Especially with that asshole, Jaxon. Jaxon is a football player who plays with Clay. He also has it out for George which fuels Clay's hatred towards him. Clay sometimes purposely chooses Jaxon to tackle during practice because he knows that it's the closest that he'll ever get to actually hurting him.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Clay asked George as he walked next to him.

"Not very good. I failed yet another math test. I just don't know what's wrong with me." George said, sighing in frustration as he opens up his locker.

"Maybe you are just stressed. You should come over this weekend." Clay said, leaning against the locker next to George's trying to act nonchalant.

"Shh, you are so loud. You said it yourself that you don't want our relationship out so don't out it yourself." George said, placing his palm lightly on Clay's chest.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry." Clay said, holding up his hands in a defensive way.

"Thank you, Clay." George said, his accent sounding perfect when he said Clay's name.

"Clay!" Jaxon said and ran up to the two of them.

George got chills down his back as he sighed and stared into his locker knowing that he has nothing else to do. He moved some of his books around pretending to look for something so Jaxon wouldn't talk to him.

"What is it, Jaxon?" Clay asked him, hands crossed in front of him.

"Football practice early tomorrow morning. Coach wanted me to tell you." Jaxon said, his eyes burning into George's back.

"Okay? I could've figured that out from anyone else on the team." Clay said, eyeing Jaxon suspiciously.

"Why are you actually here?" Clay asked him.

"Why are you talking with him? He's like one of the lowest rejects in the school, Clay." Jaxon scoffed.

"He's not a reject? That's not even a reject. And he's not failing all of his classes like you are." Clay said, getting Jaxon heated.

All of a sudden, Jaxon swung at Clay making his nose bleed. George turned around and saw that Clay's nose was bleeding. George crouched down to inspect the nose but Clay grabbed his shoulder lightly and turned him away and he lunged at Jaxon, punching his cheek making Jaxon hold his cheek in his own defense.

Clay wasn't finished.

Clay was about to pin Jaxon to the ground when Jaxon grabbed his arm, holding him back.

"Why are you defending him? It's not like your his boyfriend or anything." Jaxon said, spitting in Clay's face.

"I'm not his boyfriend but I'm his...friend so I'm defending him dumbass." Clay said, finally pinning Jaxon to the ground.

Clay turned to look over to where George was stood but George was gone. Clay hoped that George wasn't mad. Clay couldn't tell Jaxon. His life would've been over. Clay slapped Jaxon and then got up and ran out of the school, trying to look for George but he was nowhere in sight.

Clay grabbed his phone out of his pocket and dialed George's number, hoping that he was going to pick up. He finally picked up after the fourth ring and all Clay could hear was George's muffled cries and then he heard George standing up.

"George I-" Clay started.

"Meet me at the cafe near school in ten minutes." George said and hung up the phone.