empty beds + blushing

George woke up in his empty bed and sighed. He figured that Clay would leave in the middle of the night. He's been over practically the whole weekend. George had to hide him from his own mother and sneak food up to his own room just for Clay to eat dinner. The only bad thing about Clay being over was the constant fear that they would be caught. Whenever George heard footsteps coming near his room, he would push Clay into the closet that was now a familiar space to Clay.

As George did his morning tasks, he couldn't stop thinking about how much fun he had with Clay. Even if their fun was ruined by George's skepticism. George just threw on his normal attire, a shirt and some jeans and some white vans that were way too dirty for George's liking. He grabbed his bag and his phone and he ran down the stairs. He was caught by his mother as he tried to leave the house.

"George Henry Davidson, get back here." She said, her British accent poking through her words.

"Yes?" George said, turning slowly to face her.

"Who was in your room last night?" She asked him.

George froze and he started to breathe heavier than normal. His mind raced through many scenarios that could happen if he told the truth. He took a deep breath and looked his mother in the eyes.

"Nobody was here last night." George said, his voice serious.

"But-" His mother started.

"I have to get to school. I'm late." George said and walked out of the door.

As he walked out onto the porch, he sighed and started to walk towards the school. His breathing was still not normal but that was because he was walking. He thought he was going to get caught but in the end, he didn't. He spotted Clay and his heart told him to go up and hug him but his mind told him otherwise. He walked over to Tommy who was talking with a boy that George didn't know.

"George! You went MIA this whole weekend!" Tommy said louder than George wanted him to.

"Yeah sorry, I've just been...busy." George said, looking over to Clay.

"Anyways, this is Toby but he likes to be called Tubbo." Tommy referred to the boy he was talking to earlier.

The boy was short, shorter than Tommy and George. Maybe 5'4 or 5'5. He had light brown hair that shined in the lazy sunlight. He had green eyes that looked like emeralds to George. He was wearing a dark green t-shirt and just some dark blue jeans. He also had some sneakers on his feet that George didn't know the brand of.

"I'm George, nice to meet you Tubbo." George said, smiling at the boy.

Tubbo quickly returned the gesture and continued talking to Tommy about something they were talking about earlier. The bell rung and George walked into the building and put the things he didn't need for class in his locker and started walking to his first class. He decided to take a different class than standard English. He had originally scored into Honors English but was too nervous to take the course, he then talked his counselor into putting him in the class once he realized that he was getting easy A's in the standard English class.

George walked into the class and he sat down in an empty desk. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and he started to just scroll through Instagram. It was boring but it kept him distracted. He then heard the familiar laugh coming from the door, he moved his attention from his phone to Clay. He was laughing with his football friends. Clay walked over to a desk that his friend was sitting at and George got up and walked behind him, he grazed his hand over Clay's back as he walked over to the teacher's desk. He had the luck of making eye contact with Clay as he nervously blushed and looked back to his friends.