sickness + rejection

"Mom?" George asked, slipping down the stairs trying to be quiet.

"Yes?" She asked, annoyance lacing her voice.

"Can I stay home from school today? I just don't feel very well." George said, clutching his stomach.

His mom turned to him and looked him up and down. George was in a shirt that showed a tiny bit of his stomach due to it being too small for him and he just had some black sweatpants on. He knew that she was feeling really shitty at the moment so it was probably going to be a no.

"Sure, I don't care." His mother said, and turned back to her TV show.

George walked up the stairs and opened the door to his room. He laid down on his bed and before he knew it he had passed out due to exhaustion. He had not been getting the best sleep. He had been up doing loads of homework due to his lack of motivation to do it lately. George always said that he was busy or he was having family issues but in retrospect he wasn't, he was just having anxiety attacks here and there and it really sucked for him.

George had never been the kid to slip up. He had always been the kid to get the straight A's. He was always the kid who would get an A+ on a test because of how smart he was. He has numerous friends even being smart. He was popular, well known by everybody in school. He was adored by everybody because of how smart he was and how his marks were perfect every single time. Kids begged him to tutor them and help them. But that was Elementary School.

Once Middle School started, George became the least of Everyone's worries. All of his friends from Elementary eventually became assholes and ignored him. It was something George had to get over. It took him 3 months just to get over his friends leaving him. He was a sensitive kid and teenager. He still is sensitive, just not as much. Once he learned that nobody cared, he started to not care. He gave up all of the things he loved, video games, soccer, and many more.

High school then started for the immature 15 year old. He was not as bad as he was at the beginning of Middle School but just because he had to move away from all the people he knew throughout the grades, he had started a new school. Only a few days in, he had met Tommy. Tommy had been so nice to George, practically taking him under his wing and showing him around and being his best friend throughout his high school years. George was happy and content with having one friend, because he knew he just couldn't get another even if he tried really hard, it was just impossible.

"George! You have a visitor!" His mother called, her voice annoyingly ringing through George's ears that were practically still asleep.

George groaned and pulled down his shirt so only now a small fraction of his stomach was exposed. He had hoped this visitor wasn't anybody who was attractive, he looked like shit at the moment and having an attractive person at the door would be shitty for George.

He walked down the stairs, his hand grazing the railing of the staircase as he walked down it slowly, still trying to wake up. He walked over to the door and saw that his mother had left, her car is gone. George sighed as he looked at his painted toe nails which were a glossy black color, he winced as he hoped it wasn't a school bully at the door.

"George?" The familiar voice called to him.

"Clay?" George asked, walking over to the door.

Clay was standing in the doorway. He was wearing a black t-shirt with his varsity jacket over it. He was also wearing light blue jeans with rips in them. He was holding a book and he had papers in his other hand. His backpack was on his back.

"I brought you your work." Clay said, teetering on his heels.

"Well, come in." George said, moving towards the door so Clay could come in.

Clay relaxed his shoulders and walked into the house. It was small but it was very homely. George closed the door behind them and without thinking he had placed his hand on the small of Clay's back without even thinking about it. He had normally done that with Tommy. Clay turned his head to face George in the face and George quickly took his hand from Clay's back.

"Want to come up to my room?" George asked, his face was crimson red.

"Yeah." Clay said.

George started to walk towards the stairs and he turned to make sure that Clay was following him. Clay was looking around the house but still following George. George smiled at the boy but still continued up the stairs and he opened his door and let Clay in. Clay walked in and admired George's small but somewhat big room. There was posters of bands that Clay didn't know of littering the walls and his room decor was immaculate. George closed the door and he sat on his bed, awkwardly watching Clay.

Clay stopped circling the room and he sat down on the bed next to George. The pair sat in silence until Clay had put his hand on George's thigh to stand up but before he had stood up, George had noticed it had lingered there for a second too long.

"Mr. Risker wants to give us detention." Clay said, leaning against George's wall.

"For me helping you?" George asked, staring at Clay.

"Pretty much." Clay said, shrugging.

"I talked to your friend, Tommy today." Clay added.

"You did?" George asked him.

"Yeah, he said that you 'fancy' me?" Clay asked, using quotation marks.

"Fuck, he's just joking around. He seems to think that I like you." George said, now throwing a random ball in the air.

George was laying on his back on his bed now and he had grabbed a random bouncy ball from his bedside table and he was lazily throwing it up and catching it. Clay walked over to George's bed and he climbed on top of George and as George threw the ball for the last time, Clay caught it, throwing it behind him on the floor now staring at George.

"And what if you do?" Clay asked, his hands resting on George's chest.

"I d-don't." George said, stuttering.

"I believe your lying to me, George." Clay said, his hands traveling up George's sides.

"Fuck! Just get off me, Clay!" George said, pushing Clay off of him.

"Fine, I'll leave." Clay said, he threw George's work on his bed and left the room and then left the house with a loud slam of the door.