winking + flirting

George grabbed his social studies book and stuffed it into his book bag and he slung it over his shoulder. He closed his locker and then locked it. He started walking down the hallway and he had noticed that there was somebody crouching near a pile of books that had looked to be dropped. George quickly hurried over to the person and he crouched down and started to help them.

He draped his hand over one book and the person draped their hand on top of George's on accident. George stopped immediately and moved his head up to meet the familiar forest green eyes. He knew that he was blushing rapidly but it was like time had stopped in that one moment.

George let himself out of the eye contact trance and continued to pick the books up and hand them to Clay. Clay stood up and George followed his actions, handing him the final book and teetering on the heels of his shoes.

"I don't think we've quite met, I'm Clay." Clay said, holding out his hand.

"I'm George." George said, his accent lacing his words.

"Are you British?" Clay asked him once he let go of George's hand.

"Yeah I am." George said, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck.

"Are you coming to the party on Friday?" Clay asked him, nervously cracking his knuckles behind his back.

"Yes, my friend Tommy roped me into coming." George said, chuckling a bit.

"That's good, maybe I can talk to you more." Clay said, trying to wink but failing.

"Stop." George said, laughing.

"Bye cutie." Clay said, lugging the books toward the library.

George was now blushing furiously and he knew it too. After about a minute of being confused about the situation, he finally figured out that now he was late to his class. He ran through the halls of the school until he finally reached the door of the social studies classroom. He knocked loudly on the door, wincing once he realized that he must've just interrupted the lesson.

He could hear whispers and footsteps traveling towards the door. The teacher appeared in the doorway and he looked pissed at George for interrupting his lesson and being late. George just awkwardly chuckled, clutching his history book closer to his chest, feeling a random wave of emotional attachment.

"Why are you late?" Mr. Risker asked George as he stood there with his hands on his hips.

"I got held up in the hallway by somebody." George said. He could feel all the eyes on him.

"Who was this student?" He asked once again.

"Clay Johnson. He dropped his books in the hall and I helped him." George said, the blush suddenly reappearing to his cheeks.

He could feel the jealous girl's stares grow even more jealous once he had said that he had helped Clay with his books. He just knew that he was going to get fucked up for this.

"Just go sit down." Mr. Risker said and George made his way to his seat. Sitting down and staring out the window, trying to ignore the stares.

—sorry for short chapter