jaxon + overthinking

As George sat in bed listening to soft hum of the fan next to his bed, he felt whole. He felt like he could stay here forever. Curled up into Clay's chest with the warmth of his body radiating into George's tinier body. He sighed as he turned over to face Clay who was breathing slowly and staring off into space. George smiled at him and he slowly came back to reality and looked George in the eyes.

"Hi." Clay said, slowly.

"Hey." George said, smiling even more.

"You make me happy." Clay blurted out.

"I do?" George said, letting a gasp escape his lips.

"Yes, you do." Clay said and gave George a quick peck on the lips.

All of a sudden, Clay's phone started ringing. He leaned over George and grabbed it. He groaned as he picked up the call, pulling George into his chest. George didn't know quite what to do so he just nuzzled his head into Clay's neck.

"What do you want, Jaxon?" Clay asked through the phone.

George could hear a murmur in the phone from where he was but he ignored it and just kept drifting in and out of a comfortable sleep.

"I'm kinda preoccupied at the moment." Clay said, looking down to George who was now sleeping, his chest rising and falling at a comfortable pace.

"It's hard to explain, just drop it." Clay said, his tone slowly turning more angry.

"I can't come, just let it go." Clay repeated in a low dangerous tone.

"Okay, whatever. I don't want to come to a party just to fuck girls, Jaxon." Clay said, rolling his eyes.

Clay groaned and ended the call. He sighed as he looked up to the ceiling, just thinking. His mind was racing through the options of what he could do. He could come out as George's boyfriend or they could stay private and secret. The first option was the most catious but it was the one who spoke out to Clay the most. He had never had this experience ever. He has been with girls and it hasn't been private, it had been very public but never with a guy.

Clay had never been the gay one of the group. He wasn't feminine, he was very masculine and nobody could have ever seen him as anything other than straight. All his friends were straight, he never noticed boys being cute until George had suddenly appeared in his life.

"You okay?" George asked him, looking up to the troubled teenager.

"Yeah..." Clay said, his words slowing down as he was still lost in thought.

"Are you thinking?" George questioned, drawing small circles into Clay's clothed chest.

"Yeah, just lost in my own mind." Clay said, chuckling nervously.

"It's okay, I am like that too." George said, laying his head back onto Clay's chest.

Clay stayed silent as he heard the familiar sound of George's quiet breaths. He started to think again, this time his mind was racing. What if George's mom walked in? God, what would he even say? Hey I'm Clay, your sons secret boyfriend who sneaks into your house and hides in his closet? He would probably be etheir kicked out or laughed at by George or his mom.

Clay's mind gently shifted to another topic, thinking about school. He had grown popularity during his few weeks of being at this new school. Every girl was practically fawning over him. Clay was never an egotistical guy, he often was embarrassed whenever anybody tried to flirt with him. He had to refuse every hangout session or date with every girl because he knew that he had George. He loved George even though it was early in their relationship he could feel that this relationship could last. Not forever but at-least it would make Clay happy.