sundays + closets

A start of a new week. You may think that Sunday's suck because you have to go to school the next day but that was not the mindset George always had for Sunday's. Sundays were his reset days. He would often clean his room, take a bath, and give himself sort of a pamper day. Don't get him wrong, he was angry and stressed when he had school after a really calm Sunday but he quickly learned to get over it.

Normally, George would wake up. Do his morning things, and then start to clean his room. This morning was different, once George had opened his dark brown eyes, he had noticed that he was warm. Warmer than usual. He turned over on his side and he was then faced with the face of Clay. He was sleeping soundly, his mouth was parted open and his eyes were closed gently.

George sighed at the sight and turned over and grabbed his phone off of his nightstand. He checked his notifications and then scrolled through his socials. Clay's eyes started to flutter open and he groaned as he turned over to face George since he had rolled over earlier. He looked up at George who was now curiously looking at the younger boy.

"Hi pretty boy." Clay said in his deep morning voice, which gave George butterflies.

"Hi." George said and bent down to kiss Clay quickly.

George threw the blanket off of his body and walked to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and made sure his hair looked okay before coming back into his bedroom. There was a knock on the door and George panicked. He ran over quickly to his bed and he grabbed Clay by the arm and dragged him towards his closet, he couldn't think of anywhere better, he closed the doors quickly and he ran over to his bed and sat on it, trying to act casual.

"Come in, Mom." George said, granting his mom permission.

"Who were you talking to?" She asked looking around the empty room.

"Nobody? I think you are hearing things." George said, chuckling nervously but playing it off.

"Maybe I am." She said, looking around the room once more.

She nodded and closed the door and he waited until he heard her heavy footsteps down the stairs until he quickly got up and ran to his closet, his feet pattering against the hardwood floor. He grabbed the door handle of the closet and he swung it open to reveal Clay. He grabbed George by the collar of his shirt and he pulled him in and kissed his lips softly making George melt under Clay's touch.

"That closet was getting boring without you." Clay said, while walking out and sitting back into George's bed.

"Not my fault that you are too stubborn to just tell people that we are dating." George said, grabbing his xbox controller off of his desk.

As George stopped laughing, an uncomfortable silence filled the room. George turned to Clay who was now awkwardly playing with his fingers. George could tell he hurt Clay's feelings when he said that. He put the controller on the floor next to his beanbag chair and he walked over to Clay, walking slower than ever.

He crouched down in front of Clay and used his free hand to take Clay's hand in his own. 

"Hey, I'm sorry." George said, pausing to think of what he was going to say next.

"I am ready whenever you are, baby." George said, kissing Clay's hand softly.

"Thank you." Clay said, smiling slightly at the older boy.

"Want to play Minecraft?" George asked, handing Clay the controller.

"Of course." Clay said as he took the controller and sat down on the beanbag chair.

sorry for short chapter, i really hope you are enjoying this story so far by the way!