Karen Core Agency

Car horns blaring, night sky with gleaming stars above, a cigarette between Callista's lips taking long drags while overlooking the city lights from her balcony. Leaning her head back against the chair, she looks up at the night sky taking mental images of all the constellations she can see before the sun rises completely.

"Boo!" Monsters Inc playing in the background she can overhear the cute little girl from the movie scaring Sulli. Callista knew this movie word for word and without even looking at the screen she knew exactly what was going on. With Pansy laying in bed still completely passed out from their rendezvous from last night, the light from the tv shining against her smooth tan naked skin, Callista looks behind her as she hears her shift in the bed hoping she hasn't woken up yet.

Last night was all Callista could think about, the lady coming up to her once again offering her a job that supposedly would fulfill her dream of never struggling for money anymore, moving away to a home she could actually call a home, far away from her dad. The thought pulled her, wanted her to join without thinking about the negatives this could possibly bring.

Placing her index and middle finger either side of the cigarette that was placed in between her lips, she takes it out and puts it out into the ashtray. Giving the sky one last mental image, eyes blinking like the click of a camera, she gets up from the chair walking inside back towards her bed. Leaning down to her bed placing her hands under her to hold her up and give her balance, she takes her phone off the charger and gets off the bed.

'Fuck it I guess.'

Pulling back the top of her phone case, she pulls out the little matte black card that was given to her the other night. "You need the money. You need the money. You need the money." Repeating her words in a whisper as she sits back down in her bamboo chair on the balcony. She unlocks her phone and typed the phone number that's on the card into her phone. Before clicking that green call button she took a deep breath, inhaling deep and exhaling slowly, 'beep.'

"Miss Briar...you know it's 6am right? You weren't suppose to call ti-" "I'm in...but I just want to know if it has anything to do with selling myself and having some sort of pimp." Cutting her off not ready to hear her words besides her own. She wanted answers, wanted to know how this was going to work, all she could think about was what this kind of money could do for her. "I can assure you Miss Briar that we definitely won't be selling you off or giving you a...pimp?"

Through the phone Callista could hear the sound of a man grunting in pain and...someone being gargling? "Are you in the middle of something right n-" "Now at 1pm..." Hearing a loud thud and Karen take a deep breath trying to compose herself before finishing her sentence, "since you're calling me now, can you come in to talk in person at my office? Address is on the back of the card I gave you and I'll have someone pick you up from your apartment."

Callista was still confused from the sounds she was hearing through the phone but ignoring it, she replied with her voice low, with hesitation and almost a whisper. "Y-yes. Sounds good." "Great. Be ready. Bye." Not allowing Callista to say her goodbyes back, the phone call was over. "Bye then I guess, shit."

————————————-

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I switched the time zone, but what do I know?
Spending nights hitchhikin', where will I go?
I could fly home with my eyes closed

Faint pitter patter of water drops hitting the car, running down the windshield and being pushed away by the wipers, Self Care playing on the radio at a low volume and Callista whispering the words to herself.

In the backseat of a blacked out Porsche sat Callista, nervous and trying to ignore her anxiety with a bouncing leg, she focuses on the song the driver agreed to turn the radio up to volume 5 for.