No

Callista's POV

After thinking far into the phone call and contemplating what to do or why it's two in the morning and he's wanting to meet at the parlor, I've decided just to do so.

I'm tired of thinking and trying to figure things out when it comes to him, it's exhausting.

The urgency in his voice whether he was trying to hide it or not was clear as day to me and it only made me wonder further if he knew Silas was planning on killing him.

I'm also suppose to kill him though and I've forgotten about that whole situation. How do I tell Karen that I've fucked my mission and I continue to want to?

How did I end up in such a fucked up situation? Why did I find him so god damn attractive and why did he have to walk into the club while I was there?

I'm asking too many questions that I know will go unanswered but I continue to ask them like they will be.

Foolish of me to do. All of it was.

Throwing on my black trench coat over my show lingerie, I tie a knot with the strands of fabric in front of my stomach tight.

"Im not having sex with him tonight." I mumble to myself repeatedly trying to get it through my own thick skull as a grab my bag off the floor and place my phone in my pocket.

I need to close myself off from him and stick to what I'm suppose to be doing. I need to get my head into the "game."

Throwing my purse over my shoulder, I reach inside of it fumbling around the many things stored in it for my car keys.

I'm not sure how many times I need to tell myself that I need to clean this damn thing out and still not do it.

I really need to get all of my shit together.

Grabbing the metal dangly object between my two fingers, I pull it out and push the handle on the back door.

Making my way outside into the cool misty air feeling the draft hit my legs, sending a shiver amongst my entire body.

It was starting to get colder as winter was closing in on us, the misty air and cloudy days and nights but tonight was a clearer night.

I could see the stars in the night sky faintly as they twinkled above me. Something so simple brought me to the calmest realm of life I'll ever be in.

When I die, I want to become a star. Although I know that's now how it works, one can dream.

Plopping down into my fabric seat, shutting the car door behind me, I put the key into the ignition and turn it on.

Turning the knob for my volume all the way to enjoy some music and cancel out all the rambling going on inside my head, my first choice of songs just so happens to be COPYCAT by Billie Eilish.

What a woman.

A song with just enough bass too.

By the way, you've been uninvited
'Cause all you say, are all the same things I did

Shifting the gear into drive, I press the gas pedal and make my way out of the club parking lot onto the Main Street.

Turning out and driving past lampposts, speckles of water hitting my windshield, I start to belt out the lyrics.

Copycat tryna cop my manner
Watch your back when you can't watch mine

This is a good way to calm my mind before another full storm hits it within the next thirty minutes.