Cabin Fever

**graphic violence, mention of sex trafficking. Have fun it's more than 5k words**

Flashback

Grey cloudy skies splayed above their heads. Raindrops falling from up above slipping between the nooks and crevices of the expensive purple car. The humidity in the air taking in bits of your breath as soon as you walk into it, stepping outside.

The vibrations of the sports car going silent as the engine is turned off, a calm but chilling mist surrounding the vehicle and the people inside of it. Trees rustling and their leaves blowing within the breeze, leaves escaping their branches as they fall onto the ground and coat the hood of the car.

Birds chirping and bunnies frolicking through the tall grass beside the car, trying to find a safe warm hole to bury themselves into. Whistling of the wind as it passes through the car as the two continue to sit in the car,

Going back over their plan for tonight.

"Now you remember what we're suppose to do, right?" Pansy questions Callista as she stares out the window looking towards the cabin, her palms becoming sweaty as the anxiety within her peaks.

Turning her head to look at Pansy with worry in her eyes but confidence sprawled across her face, Pansy could tell what was going through her head and even after years of doing this job she got anxiety from thinking about having to kill someone...

Till after it happens.

After it happens she feels a form of peace, a form of rejuvenation.

"Seduce, torture, and kill. Yeah, I got it." Callista spits her words out as if it was nothing to her, but the clear look within her eyes gave her away.

Callista turns her face away from Pansy once she notices her studying her face, now looking down at her lap as she fiddles with the heft small white bag. Pansy reaches her hands across the center console, placing her palms on either side of Callista's cheeks and turns her head forcefully to look back at her.

With a deafening silence between the two of them, eyes darting between each other's as Callista tries to hide her uncertainty.

"Cal, listen to me. Karen thinks you're ready for this and I know you can do this. We've trained for a week and kicked my ass multiple times, I know you got this." Pansy says in hopes to calm her down as she rubs her thumbs along Callista's rosey and prominent cheekbones.

"You know what to do..." Pansy glares are her, furrowing her eyebrows as her tone becomes serious.

"Turn off your humanity switch. These men deserve everything we are about to give them and there's no fucking way I'm about to let you feel uneasy or bad about this." Pansy leans forward placing her elbows onto the center console, holding herself up as she pulls Callista in closer to her.

"Do you understand me? These men have sold young girls to shameless and revolting pricks all around the world, cheating on their wives and leaving their children- hence why we were hired to kill this man specifically." Spewing her words trying to get her point across, Pansy releases Callista's face- eyes still glaring between each other's.

Callista turns her head and tilts it down towards her lap where the white small bag lies, closing her eyes and dropping her tense shoulders. Inhaling deeply through her nose, she holds it there for a brief moment before exhaling through her mouth- all shakiness escaping within the deep breath.