It's Raining, It's Pouring

**the long awaited moment. Degrading, choking, slapping**

Callista's POV

Complete and utter silence.

Just the sound of the rain hitting the car and my sighs. I've been huffing and puffing loudly on purpose for the last ten minutes in hopes Theo would turn on some music to cancel out this awkward silence but instead he just clenches his jaw tighter with each sigh I let out. I don't think he's realized that I would stop if he would just turn something on or even start a conversation with me, absolutely anything at this point.

Only a psychopath can drive in complete silence and not want to enjoy some tunes especially in the rain. Do you think he would get pissed off at me for touching the radio and turning something on myself? I mean why the hell would I care honestly, he gets pissed over everything when it comes to me.

We've been in the car now for at least twenty minutes now and don't get me wrong the sound of the rain pitter pattering off of the car was soothing and could put me to sleep, but not with an awkward silence creating a thickness in the air. Was it just not awkward to him?

With another few exaggerated sighs escaping my lips, Theo grips the steering wheel with both hands. His knuckles becoming white and making the veins in his hands more prominent than usual, I can tell he's about to just snap and knowing the way I am, I'm about to have a little fun with this.

Smoothing the side of my thigh and down the side of my seat, I reach for the seat recliner and pull it up throwing my body back suddenly with a loud sigh. Watching him as I lie back there in my seat, I notice his eyes dart my way a few times probably trying to figure out what I'm doing. Smirking to myself, I pull the lever again and fly forward.

Back and forth.

Back and forth.

The veins in his neck and hands pulsating and prominent from his tightly clenched jaw and grip on the steering wheel.

"What the fuck are you doing? Are you a fucking child Callista?" He seethes between his teeth as he glances at me before focusing back onto the road ahead.

The sound of the rain crashing against the car harder, the sunroof above me collecting all the water and watching each raindrop hit the glass. I reach for the radio and turn the volume dial all the way up, to my surprise nothing starts to play but his hand releases the steering wheel and swats mine away from it.

"Stop touching shit Jesus Christ. Did you decide to wake up and be more fucking annoying than usual?" His deep raspy voice ringing through my ears and exciting me more.

He was too easy to mess with.

Shrugging my shoulders as he glances at me again, I throw myself back into my seat and sigh loudly.

"Why are you so boring? Who doesn't play music on a road trip- a fucking psychopath that's who." Stifling a laugh and smirking at him, he glares at me and the blue in his eyes now pitch black.

"Sorry I can't please you, Princess. Listen to music in your own shit car next time or how about Silas'."

Whipping my head around to face him, he looks satisfied with himself with a half smirk plastered on his face while focusing on the road. Now he's trying to play this little game too, I see.

"Jealous, are we? I'd much rather be in his right now, it wouldn't be so damn boring."

Swerving the car almost crashing into two other cars, he pulls into an alleyway and slams on the brakes. Shifting the gear into park before darting across the center console and wrapping his hand around my throat.