Let Me Explain

Callista's POV

"Miss me princess?"

Those three words ignited something in me and it no longer was the confused sadness I was feeling mere seconds ago, it was anger. Pure terrorizing anger flowing through my veins, the heat rising up to my face, the tears that were brimming my eyes still clear as day as my sadness turns to anger and with how much I'm trying to fight the tears, I know they're going to erupt out of me once I say a few words to him.

I don't care if he looked sad right now, he fucking deserved it after what he did to me. I suffered for a year wondering what the fuck I did wrong and not realizing it all had to do with him. I put myself through so much pain because he just up and left randomly.

Clenching my fists down by my sides, my fingernails indenting my palm creating small crescent moon shapes. I keep complete eye contact with him still being inches away from each other's face with furrowed eyebrows. I don't even know where to start, I have so much to say to him that I've generated over the last few years.

"Look let me expl-" "Why the fuck did you leave?" Cutting him off and pushing him away from me, I watch the sadness in his eyes become confused with his tucked eyebrows.

I cant stand being near him, being able to smell him right now. I want nothing more than to disappear like Theo in this moment.

I still wonder where he could've gone especially for this long.

Don't think  about that right now Callista.

His intoxicating smell of Christian Dior Fahrenheit being just the same as it was three years ago, the smell I use to always enjoy inhaling. Now it brought back too many bad memories cancelling out all our good ones.

"C..please let me-"

"Tell me why now. I think I deserve that, Silas." I seethe through my teeth while not breaking eye contact.

I'm not going to let him try to create some bullshit story, if he can't tell me what really happened then there's no use of me being here.

He darts his eyes down to the ground between us, furrowing his brows further seeming to be in thought. Bringing a hand up to the back of his neck I watch him rub the back of it slowly before tilting his head back up to meet my furious gaze.

There's tears brimming his eyes..

His vibrant blue eyes now glossy and fighting back tears, he looks at me with hurt and regret plastered all over his face. I shouldn't feel sorry I had no reason to be. I should tell him just to fuck off but a part of me that was holding on, that tiny speck of want was still attached to his hip.

Dropping his hand back down to his side, he lifts his hands slightly up beside his sides and walks slowly towards me. Lifting his hands up between us he grasps my cheeks connecting the skin of his palms to my face- my body freezing on the spot feeling his calloused but soft hands against my skin again.

Goosebumps forming along my arms and my spine tingling from the rush coursing through me, he slightly opens his mouth like he's about to talk but something is holding him back I can tell.

"Please. I deserve to know why you left me at that airport alone." The only thing I can think of doing to possibly get the answer I wanted out of him was by begging for it. I didn't care how it made me look right now.

Taking a deep breath inhaling slowly through his nose and exhaling shakily, he rubs his thumbs along my cheekbones softly.

"I- I cant explain why I left Callista but I want you to know I did it to protect you." He pauses and takes another deep breath before continuing. "I know that doesn't mean shit to you but I want you to know I spent every waking moment thinking of you- us."