Chapter XIII : Christmas Traditions

▪︎

December 25 of 1971

James Fleamont Potter

Slept like a baby, really though I only got a few hours of sleep since I was worried about the boys; Sirius in that Grim Old place, Remus since his Mum ain't feeling well and how pale the bloke is and finally Peter with his strict parents.

"James! Come on we have to open our presents! It's Christmas!" I heard Strings banging her fists on the door.

"Alright! Don't get your knickers on a twist!" I called out. I opened the door to see her wearing heart matching jammies. We headed down the stairs knowing the both of us didn't bothered to brush our teeths which we it as a tradition during Christmas as well other things we made up.

"Aren't they having breakfast first?" I heard Gerard ask Matt who shook his head.

"Don't bother those two made many traditions for themselves and Christmas has a whole lot of it." Matt said, finishing his cup of coffee. "Kids! Your breakfast is by the microwave!" He called out to us which we replied with a nod.

"Come on Papa! We have to open presents!" Strings pulled her dad's arm to the living room while I pulled hers with me steering our human train.

"Does this counts as their traditions?" Gerard asked, sitting on one of the couch, taking his cup of tea with him.

"You have no idea, Coz." Strings said in a monotone voice making her cousin cock his eyebrow.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4..." I counted and watched as the old father clock ticks.

"3, 2, 1." Strings finished. We grabbed our gifts for each other and switched.

I got her a book set which I know she would like. The Chronicles of Narnia. While she got me a mix tape filled with my favorite muggle songs and a charmed walkman (portable music player) that would work in Hogwarts grounds.

"Look, we match." We said in unison as we got another matching sweaters from Matt. Her's has a bow and arrow on its back while I got a broom and a wand in a X. 

"Say Cauldron Cakes!" Matt said. We had one arm on each others shoulder and smile at the muggle camera that was charmed to let it print out moving pictures.

"C.C!" We cheered as the camera flashed. And we opened the remaining gifts. I got a broomstick servicing kit from my Dad while Mum gave me a Quidditch Through the Ages book, Sirius managed to sent me pranking set which is similar to the one I gave him, Remus sent me a Pranks, Tricks, and Practical Jokes book which must be a muggle one and finally I got loads of muggle sweets and snacks from Peter.

"Thanks." Gerard said pulling up a weapon, a wand or was it a septer?