Chapter XII : Party Crasher

David Anders as Gerard Argent
"So Hem, are you going to follow the family job?"

David Anders as Gerard Argent"So Hem, are you going to follow the family job?"

▪︎

December 24 of 1971

Hemlock Neith Argent

I was dressing up in a pink and white polka dotted dress and dark blue doll shoes. Ever since I met James it became a tradition to both of our families to have Christmas Eve Dinner and New Year's Eve Dinner together although before midnight of December 31, James and I would sneak out and have a small celebration in our tree house.

"Fleur! Can you open the door?!" Papa yelled since he was busy with the meal. Sometimes the dinner is held in our place and sometimes in the Potter Manor.

"Sure Papa!" I dashed down the stairs and quickly opened the door. "Merry Christmas!" I greeted them and they smiled at me.

"Merry Christmas, Hem." Euphemia said, kissing my cheek while Fleamont and James simply just gave me a hug.

We finished dinner, currently eating dessert and talking about school.

"I was on a hunt when an owl appeared on a nearby tree, apparently my daughter was caught sleeping on the Astronomy Tower." Papa said making me blush.

"I didn't had any detention Papa unlike someone." I playfully said.

"Hey!" He whined and then smirked. "Causing mischief has a price." He said, telling us the story of a race of him, the other three boys, Mrs. Norris and Filch and the ultimate price was either freedom or torture with the caretaker.

"How about when your friend received a howler?" Dad asked. Since during his birthday of November 23 while I was at school, I sent a howler which sang a song that Ash and I composed.

"Oh, Strings stood up and grabbed it in order to shut the horrid voice up. She wanted to tear it apart but I burned it instead." James said. "Apparently Sirius came from a family of pureblood supremacists and Slytherins. Got yelled at and I pity the poor lad, had to spend Christmas with his family."

"Oh poor lad." Fleamont said.

"If he needs a place to crash, our home will be open." Mia said, smiling.