Chapter XIX : Forget It

▪︎

February 8 of 1972

Remus John Lupin

I rubbed my hands with each other and tried to warm myself up when me and everyone in the Common Room shivered as the sudden surge of chill enveloped us.

After what happened in the courtyard yesterday, Hemlock Neith Argent, finally became a ticking time bomb. Her fury shook everyone and I mean everyone as well as the teachers and perhaps maybe Dumbledore as well.

"She's completely bonkers!" I heard Marlene Mckinnon said running down from the girl's dormitories.

"What happened now?" Lily asked.

"She managed to blow up the windows!" Marlene complained, slumping down the seat next to Sirius.

"Really?" Peter asked and turned to James who held his broken glasses in his hands.

"No kidding." James muttered. "What's she doing now?" He asked Marlene who only glared at him, to shut him up.

"You didn't feel the rush of magic power?" Lily asked turning to me.

"I felt chills." Sirius pipped up which made Lily gave him a look. "Oh." Everyone in the Common Room finally knew the reason of their sudden chills.

"She's so scary." A fellow first year said.

Soon the portrait door opened and their stood Professor McGonagall with a scared look on her face.

"Miss Evans please tell Miss Argent that Professor Dumbledore awaits her in his office, and that he likes Vanilla Cubes as well." Professor McGonagall said and whispered a spell under her breath, fixing the broken glasses in the room, as well as James'.

"Didn't knew Dumbledore likes vanilla cubes." Peter said making the others and I to gave him a knowing look.

"Why me?" Lily asked and went up the to tell the moody girl. Soon two girls walked down with stern looks.

"Uhm, hi?" Sirius tried to cut the tension off but the two girls didn't even look at him. Lily continued on her studies while Hem walked out of the portrait leaving cold auras.

"Forget it." I mutter and noticed how quite it was.

"Its your fault, Potter." Alice said to James and glared.

"Don't drag James into this." Sirius defended James which in my opinion only made things worst.

"Oh right, let us not forget about you, Black." Marlene snapped.