Chapter XVIII : It's Not His Birthday

▪︎

January 10 of 1972

Hemlock Neith Argent

Well since the holidays were already over, we had to go back to Hogwarts, a few days before my birthday. And today is the day!

Every year on my birthday, I woke up early and drag James out of his bed (even though my house was a few blocks away from his) and watch the sunrise. And I plan to drag his sleepy arse to the Astronomy Tower. I easily sneaked inside their dorm room.

"James." I shook his shoulders lightly. But stopped when I noticed that Remus stirred from his bed, Sirius was drooling on his pillow while Peter was still as dead. "James." But he wouldn't budge so I took his glasses on the bedside table and gave him a pinch on his neck (which always worked) making him shot out of the bed.

"Strings, its so early." He grumbled, laying flat on the floor. The others was still asleep so I took the chance to literally drag him.

"What in Merlin's beard?" Sirius asked, who was staring at the scene before him, though he looked confused.

"You're still dreaming." I tried to fool him, well, I did fool him.

"This is one heck of a dream." He says and went back to sleep. I managed to drag James down to the Common Room (Dragged him by his armpits) and out of the portrait.

"Oh Godric!" The Lady of the Portrait gasped when she saw me, dragging a sleeping James. "He's not dead is he?"

"No." I laughed. "We have this tradition to watch the sun rise on our birthdays and he decided to sleep in on my special day." I explained.

"Well, Happy Birthday Miss Argent. And I might suggest the levitating charm." She said and waved her hand in a graceful way.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I said and gave her a nod. I managed to levitate him to the Astronomy Tower just in time. I slowly placed him next to the balcony and gave him a small shake.

"What's the ruckus all about?" He grumbled and opened his right eye then blinked so many times and finally realized. "Happy Birthday Strings!" He cheered and we watched the sunrise while holding each other's hand.

We both went back and got ready for our classes. Though on the way back we bumped into Professor Slughorn (weird) who greeted me a Happy Birthday (again weird).

"Happy Birthday Hem." The girls greeted me in unison and gave me small gift which consisted of snacks, hair ties and accessories. Papa gave me  a book entitled The Portrait of Dorian Gray, Gerard gave me different guitar picks with various designs, dresses from the Potters, Ash gave me a photo album and snacks from the boys.

"Thanks." I smiled at them and went down to the Common Room all dressed up and ready for breakfast. I waited for the boys, mainly for Remus since I made a new paste of mistletoe with a hint of wolfsbane, so that his scars won't either bleed out, get infected and help the healing process but it won't heal completely. But this one might be more affective.