Chapter XXIII : Changes

▪︎

September 1 of 1973

Hemlock Neith Argent

I was wandering the small halls of Hogwarts Express, looking for my friends. Yep, we're all okay and buddied up.

~It was New Year once more in the year 1972, but this time it was held in Remus' small but cozy home which we ended up having muggle styled camping.

"Can you forgive me?" James gave me his "Oh-Deer-y-Please"  look since he, Ash and I were all staying in  one tent while Sirius, Peter and Remus were staying in another one.

"You know what? I have to pee." Ash dismissed herself when I saw James  gave her a knowing look.

"I guess?" I asked not entirely sure what to do.

"I'll do everything you ask for one day." He pleaded. "I couldn't stand you being all moody and... alone." He trailed off.

"I'm not always alone, I have Ash, you know."  I rolled my eyes when he began to think outloud about Sirius being wrong and Remus as always was right.

"Okay, how about this?" He rubbed his chin in a dramatic way. "I promise to bake you every night a vanilla cake or anything that has vanilla on it." He smirked when he noticed that I swallowed a big lump and my mouth began to water.

"Do you even know how to bake?" I laughed when his eyes widen. "Let me guess, Peter will be helping you every night."

"Hey! Don't even dare, add me to your fights!" Peter yelled from the other tent just adjacent to ours.

"Yeah! Don't even whisper or think about adding us!" Sirius yelled as well.

"Will you stop shouting at my face!" I heard Ash gave those two a loud slap.

"I'm sleepy over here." I heard Remus grumble out.

"Well there goes my plan." James rolled his eyes as his friends managed to leave him hanging.

"I forgive you, James, truly." I laughed. "But you did deserve a bit break from me, you need male friends to prove you aren't gay." I joked making the guys from other tent to crack up.

"If he wasn't following Evans like a star struck buffoon, he might as well be!" Sirius let out a loud holler.

"Imagine him, drooling over Diggory!" Ash gave a snort of a laugh.

"Quit it already!" James flushed causing me to laugh. "You're supposed to be my friends! And Sirius of all people!" He groaned as even Remus joined.

"But, really I just need time to wind up." I kissed his cheeks and laid on my spot.

"I guess, we only need space to have a chance to grow." James muttered.

"No shite, Sherlock!" Remus yelled.

"Who in Merlin's pants is Sherlock?" Sirius asked.

"Okay, Ashlyn back to your designated tent!" Remus shouted sternly, like a mother would to scold her children. "No complaining! I need to sleep!" I stifled a laugh as Ash came back with a disgusted look on her face.

"Buzzkill." She muttered, practically threw a childish tantrum and forced her body inside her sleeping bag.

"Time passes by so fast." James whispered to me.

"Felt like we're growing up so fast." I whispered back, knowing the guys at the other tent were already asleep or was forced to by Remus.

"How about I'll you vanilla ice cream tomorrow?" He asked, and turn to look at me even though there was no light, I could feel his gaze.