Chapter XVIII : The Ship Has Sunk

▪︎

February 7 of 1972

James Fleamont Potter

Days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into a month. A whole month or so that Strings completely ignored me and the boys though I noticed she was still talking to Remus.

"Was it something we did?" Peter asked and watched Strings laugh with Lafayette in the Ravenclaw table.

"Was it the song?" Sirius asked but then quickly answered himself. "She's a girl and girls are weird. It'a just nature balancing the world." He said then laughed at himself causing me to join him.

"You gits." Remus laughed as well but frowned when I saw him at the corner of my eye, watching me stare at the beautiful Lily Flower.

"She's got a whole new set of temper now." Alice added, who was eyeing me and the boys weirdly.

"She's like a whole new person." Lily said to Remus and finished her meal.

"She has problems at home, she's maybe stressing." Remus pointed out.

"How did you knew that?" I gaped and felt my heart skip a beat. I'm her bestfriend and she told Remus that? She ignores me but not Remus? "She's so unfair." I said in monotone.

"She talks to me too but not as frequent as Remus." Peter pipped up making me glare at him which he didn't noticed and went back to eating.

"How about I cheer you up, mate?" Sirius said and sling his arm on my shoulder. "I heard that Snivellus is going to study at the courtyard later." I liked how Sirius gets me, a brother from another Mother (not literally) though we must be distant relatives as well as all Purebloods are.

"I love you, Siri." I said making him laugh.

"Love you too, Jamesie." We continued eating and silently organized the prank though Remus and Peter won't be joining because they have to study at the library.

"The both of you makes me want to puke." I heard my Lily Pad mutter under her breath.

"Its because of the butterflies in your stomach, Lily Flower." I smirked.

"Insolent toe-rag." She muttered once more making my grin widen.

"I love you too." I said about to pat her head when she smacked my hand, hard. "Kinky." This made her storm off with her friends in tow.

"You clearly have a problem." Remus said to me but I didn't listened.

"How about green slime that smells like dungbombs?" Sirius asked which made me smirk once more. Oh I'm going to prank Snivellus so hard that he'll flood in the snake pits.