Chapter 8: The Secound Task

*Harry's POV*

I was on my way to the second task, I hadn't seen Y/n or Hermione since last night.

Once all the champions got to the black lake we all lined up and got ready to jump in.

Neville gave me Gillyweed, the slimy green plant was now in my hand. I looked around but I couldn't see Y/n or Hermione.

Moody came up behind me and told me to eat the Gillyweed, so I did. It tasted revolting and I started to gag because of the flavor and Moody basically hit my back as if to help.

Ludo Bagman announced that it was time to dive in and I waited a second, bad idea. Moody shoved me into the water.

For a moment nothing happened and I couldn't breath but after a few minutes I grew gills on my neck and my fingers and toes became webbed. I jumped out of the water and then dove deep down into the wet abyss.

————>

After swimming for a while I saw four people tied up, surrounded by merpeople.

The four people were, Fluer's little sister, Cho Chang, Hermione and Y/n. So that's where they were.

I quickly swam over to them and started to untie Y/n's bindings. I turned and saw Cedric, he came up to Cho, untied her and started swimming up with her.

Then Krum swam up and untied Hermione and swam up with her.

Once I got Y/n free I looked around for Fluer, but she wasn't coming.

I grabbed Fluer's little sister and started untying her but the merpeople put their pitchforks up to my neck. I took out my wand and they all backed away.

I finished untying Fluer's little sister and grabbed her in one arm and Y/n in the other.

I began to swim up to the top like Cedric and Krum had.

The weight of Y/n and the other little girl, dragged me down.

Then a group of grindylows started to attack me and my gills were starting to fade.

I kicked harder with my feet and I was getting very close to the top.

I let Y/n and the little girl go and I watched them float to the top.

*Y/n's POV*

I gasped for breath as I realized I was in the black lake. I saw a little girl beside me and I grabbed her and swam with her to shore. I helped her onto the dock and Professor Mcgonagall came rushing over with two blankets.

I wracked my brain for any idea of what was going on and then it hit me.

The second task.

Dumbledore's office.

The black lake.

I was Harry's stolen possession. From the clue.

Only one thing..where is Harry?

I looked around but I didn't see him anywhere. I saw Cedric looking very grim.

"Hey Ced, where's Harry?" I asked him. He turned to look at me with a slight frown. "He hasn't come up yet..." he said slowly. My eyes widened and I stared at the black lake.

Nothing.

"Harry!" I yelled as I stumbled to the edge of the dock.

My eyes started to fill with tears as I searched the black water hopelessly.

Then I saw a movement under the water and a big splash of water hit my face, but I took almost no notice. I reached down and took hold of his arm and helped pull him out of the water and onto the dock.