Chapter 2: The Champions

It was night time and people were gathering around the Goblet of Fire intently, it's blue flame flickering. Fred and George where going to enter there names in, "aging potion! We brewed it this morning!" The two gingers said happily.
"it's not going to work!" Hermione said in a sing-song voice,
Fred and George crouched on either side of her.
"Oh yeah?" Fred said
"And why's that Granger?" George finished
"You see this? This is an age line, Dumbledore drew it himself" she huffed
"So?" Asked Fred
Hermione scoffed then exclaimed exasperatedly, "so, a Genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by something as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion!"
"Ah but that's why it's so brilliant" Fred smiled
"Because it's so pathetically dim-witted" George finished off.
They stood up, laughing, and Hermione looked quite annoyed

"Ready Fred"
"Ready George"
"Bottoms up!" They said in unison.
They drank the substance in the tiny jars they had stored the potion in, then they slowing stepped into the age line, smiling "yasssss" they both cheered. Everybody was clapping, they both submitted their pieces of paper with their names on it into the burning blue flame. All was good intel a big blue flash of light lit up the room and The twins both flew into the air landing hard on the stone floor.

Something was off though, they were no longer ginger but white with long beards as if they had aged sixty years. They stared at each other for a split second then they both exclaimed "you said!" "You said!" They started wrestling on the ground. Everybody was watching then intently all (expect Hermione) cheering "fight, fight, fight"

Hermione rolled her eyes and sat down opening her book, apparently unbothered that Fred and George looked like old men.

Then in came Victor Krum followed by Karkeroff, he walked swiftly to the Goblet and entered his name into the blue flame just as Fred and George had done. Everyone watching in silence, then he turned and stalked out of the room.

——>

It was finally time for the three champions to be picked. Dumbledore came in and put all the torches out with a mere wave out his arm, then without warning the blue flame of the Goblet of Fire turned suddenly red, and out flew a small piece of paper, Dumbledore caught it swiftly. Then he rang out loudly "the Durmstrang champion is, Victor Krum!"
All of Durmstrang students applauded and let out cheers of joy. He walked over shook hands with Dumbledore and disappeared through the door, that all the champions will meet up in.

The flame of Fire turned red agin and out fluttered another piece of paper, this time it was for Beauxbaton, agin Dumbledore caught it and yelled out, "the champion of Beauxbaton is, Fleur Delecor"
The particularly pretty girl from that school, her ponytail swishing behind her head, walked up and did the same thing Victor had.

The last piece of paper fell from the flame and Dumbledore read allowed, "the Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" The Hufflepuff table exploded with cheers and they all patted him of the back as he stood up. He walked to Dumbledore shook hands and he too disappeared behind the door, smiling brightly.

Snape looked around very confused at the Goblet of Fire which had, once more turned red. And with that yet another paper piece flew into the air and landed softly in Dumbledore's outstretched hand, "Harry Potter?" He muttered, then yelled loudly,
"Harry Potter?"

I whipped my head around to look at Harry, he looked confused and really surprised. "HARRY POTTAH" Dumbledore yelled still more loudly, "c'mon Harry" Hermione urged him to stand, "for goodness sake Harry!" I stared at Harry my mouth open wide unable to close it, I was in shock. Harry slowly stood up and walked nervously to Dumbledore. Harry took the piece of paper from Dumbledore's hand and walked to the door and wrenched it open.

Back in the room Harry walked slowing down the stairs then turned around to find a group of teachers running toward him. "HARRY DIDJA PUT YA NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIYA!?" Dumbledore asked calmly

(yep a bit of humor their let me know if you get it)

"No sir!" Harry stammered

——>

Sorry this was kinda a short chapter, it was mostly fill in but I promise I'll start doing more with y/n and Harry's relationship. Agin sorry if I spelled some stuff wrong.
-Naomi J.