Chapter 14: over summer break

~Y/n's House~

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

Y/n and her mom were fighting for the 2nd time today. It's only the 2nd week of summer break and they've the whole house was filled with arguments and yelling.

The cause of the disarray was that as soon as y/n got back from Her previous year at Hogwarts, her mother had started going on about how she might want to find new friends other then Harry.

"MOM HE'S NOT JUST MY FRIEND!"

"OKAY THEN BESTFRIEND, WHATEVER YOU CALL IT"

"WE CALL IT DATING, MOM"

Thats not how y/n wanted to tell her mom about their relationship. But nonetheless silence had filled the air between.

Y/n stormed off to her bedroom on the second floor and slammed the door so hard the whole house shook.

She could hear her mother slamming things around downstairs. Honestly y/n didn't care what her stupid mother thought.

Y/n sat on her bed for awhile before deciding to read f/b.

Her reading was then rudely interrupted by her owl flying in through her window. She was about to go back to her book but then noticed the letter tied around her leg, accompanied by a small package.

She took the letter and opened it, smoothed out the parchment on which it was written and read it.

Dear y/n,

I hope your summer break is going better than mine. My mum and dad have been keeping me locked up like some sort of animal at a zoo. Ever since the start of summer break my parents have been reluctant to let me go back to Hogwarts. Anyway I just wanted to say hello. And btw I loved the letter you sent me. Sorry I should stop writing now, your owl is glaring at me since I'm making her bring it back to you.

Love you, hope your summer is good,
Ceddy

Y/n smiled as she read the letter. She'd sent him a letter yesterday evening.

Then she turned her attention to the parcel. She opened the box in excitement and froze when she saw what was inside. It was a pendent with a bright jewel in the middle.

The pendent was a heart and the jewel was a shining pink and it was placed  in the middle.

She also saw a small note at the bottom of the box.

~Hey bb~

I found this at a cute jewelry store and it reminded me of you. Unfortunately they don't take wizard money considering it's a muggle store so I took up a part time job at a coffee shop, it's quite small but there's a lot of muggles here. Hedwig was more than willing to take the box to you but before I was done writing your owl showed up so I just sent it with her. Anyway the coffee shop I work at is called 'The Rainy Mocha' and the coffee is quite good, you should come here sometime, you like coffee right? I work Monday to Wednesday from 10 to 3. It's peaceful really. Aunt petunia is calling me to wash some of dudleys smelly old boots to donate to a thrift shop so I have to go.

Love you with all my heart,
~The chosen one~

Y/n immediately put her new necklace on and begin to write her reply to both of the boys.

Hey ced

I miss you and can't wait to see you. My mom is also being annoying she's attempting to make me ditch Harry since moldy voldy is after him. (Not gonna happen just fyi) idk what to do. I hope your parents ease up a little just because you almost died doesn't mean you should be locked up! I've been working on the ukulele, maybe I'll show you when i see you at hoggy warty. Cya ceddy