Chapter 12: The Last Task

(A/n-I feel really bad about taking so long so I'm just gonna publish this)

*Y/n's POV*

Today was the last task.

I met up with Ced and Harry at breakfast. As I sat beside Cedric he looked really anxious. I patted his back softly and gave him a bear hug.

"Your one of my best friends Ceddy, so please, don't die" I said.

He stiffened a little bit. "Thank you Y/n, you really have a way with words" Cedric responded, irony drenching every word.

I smiled weakly and leaned my head against his shoulder, ruffling his hair as I always did.

*Cedric's POV*

Today was the last task.

Y/n stepped into the great hall and went over to Harry. She hugged him a gave him a light kiss before making her way over to me.

I couldn't help but look anxious. Y/n sighed and patted me on the back before embracing me in a huge hug.

"Your one of my best friends Ceddy, so please don't die" she said, looking up at me.

I stiffened up a bit and said ironically, "thank you Y/n, you really have a way with words"

She smiled weakly and pressed her head against my shoulder, reaching a hand up to ruffle my hair, the way she always does.

Why did it have to be like this? Why couldn't I have gotten to Y/n before Potter?

No one knew this but I've always liked Y/n, ever since her first year.

(Ooooooo love triangle)

~

*Y/n's POV*

"What the fuc-" I started, but Harry crashed his lips onto mine, surprised it was a few seconds before I kissed back.

He pulled away.

"Harry I-" but he cut me off, "that was just in case, ok?"

"Harry-I-IN CASE OF WHAT?" I bellowed.

"Just-in case"

I grabbed his wrist and looked him strait in the eye but he merely shook me off and made his way down to where the last task would take place.

I stood there, staring after him, a tear falling from my left eye. I quickly wiped it off and headed in the opposite direction as Harry, to my common room.

I got there and grabbed a homemade sweater. On the front it read, "Cedric&Harry!"

I changed into it and swiftly sprinted to the last task.

I spotted a tall boy, Cedric, and caught up to him.

"Hey Ced" I greeted. I hugged him and looked over to see Harry glaring at Cedric. I rolled my eyes and wished I could take that stone next to him so I could chuck it at his fat head.

Suddenly the rock flew up in the air and clapped Harry on the head.

My first thought was, 'WAS THAT ME?!" But shook off the thought and rushed over to Harry.

"Harry! Harry are you okay?!"

"Oh yeah I'm fine. Totally fine, a rock just hit my in the head on its own accord but I'm fine." He said sarcastically.

I said nothing but turned and walked back to the stands where everyone was sitting, waiting for the task to begin.

*Third person POV*

Ludo Bagmen, finally, explained what was going to happen. "This," he gestured to a large series off hedges, "is a maze. Whoever can make it to the middle and grab the cup, wins the tournament. If you need help, send a red flare into the sky, but be warned if you do, you'll be eliminated from the tournament."

All the champions exchanged nervous glances. Harry and Cedric had both looked to find where Y/n was in the crowd. When they spotted her she held up her sweater and smiled weakly.

Harry and Cedric, (since they were in first), got a head start.

Y/n watched as her best friend and her boyfriend disappeared into the huge lake of hedges.

*Harry's POV*

I sprinted into the hedges, Cedric right by me. We split up and I turned the corner.

After a few minutes of twists and turns I heard a scream, it sounded like Fluer's. I started running towards the place where I heard the scream.

I saw Victor Krum, standing over Fluer. He turned to me. Something was wrong though, his eyes were milky and white-ish.

He pushed past me and I rushed to Fluer. She started to sink into the ground, bonded with vines. I pulled out my wand and shot red sparks into the sky.

I stood up and began running again.

I soon saw Krum attempting to shoot a spell at Cedric. I ran over and Cedric said "get down!" Before shooting the 'Expeliarmus' spell.

Cedric then grabbed Krum's wand and held it up, ready to curse him.

I grabbed his arm "NO CEDRIC HES BEWITCHED, STOP!"

Cedric dropped the wand and ran past me.

I started running too.

The cup.

I could see it.

We both started sprinting and suddenly  the ground began to cover with vines, trying to grab our feet.

One caught Cedric and he was being dragged back, consumed into the dirt.

"HARRY, HELP" Cedric yelled from behind me. I turned back.

The vines now covering him.

"HARRY" he yelled again, "HARRY"

Finally I pulled out my wand, pointed it at the vines and yelled "REDUCTO" and the vines all shot back from Cedric.

I ran over and helped him out from the tangled mass of vines.

"Thanks" he panted

"No problem" I replied.

"You know, for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me" he said, his breathing fast and heavy.

I felt guilty about what I was about to say, "For a moment there I did too" i said.

"Some game, huh?"

"Yeah, some game."

Suddenly wind started gushing, blowing towards the cup.

"Go!" Cedric yelled.

We both started running in the direction of the cup.

We stopped in front of the cup.

"Go on take it! You saved me, take it!" Cedric yelled.

"Together" I said.

We both ran towards the cup and touched it at the same time.

A swirling feeling started to enclose us.

I knew what it was.

A port key.

(A/n- the next chapter will be the last one of year 4!

Ok quick survey for next year...

Friends with Draco?

More spice with Harry?

More Hufflepuff stuff?

More of the baddie side of Y/n?

More Ginny, Luna, or Hermione?

That's all! 🙃)