Chapter 5: Yule ball?

——>

"Professor, can I speak with you?" I asked Professor Mcgonagall one Monday evening. "Of course you can." She quickly ushered me into her office, "what would you like to talk about?" She asked, sitting down at her side of the desk.

"Oh yes, I...I was wondering what the Yule Ball was?" I asked. "You've heard about that? Very well, it is a fantastic Ball. It has to do with the Tournament, see all the champions need dates..." she added, winking at me, I blushed.

"When is this Ball?" I questioned. "In about 2 months so you have time to get ready, of course. Is that it? I have a bit of grading to do." She pulled to her desk, a stack of papers. "Oh yes, yes I'll be going now, thank you" I got up from my Seat and promptly walked out of the room.

'Does Harry know? Will he ask me?!" I thought excitedly.

I got back to my Hufflepuff common room, sighing and feeling a bit hopeful...

——>

"Y/N! GET UP YOUR GOING TO BE LATE FOR CLASS!" The blonde haired Hannah Abbott demanded looking very concerned. I striated up and gazed dreamily out the window then realized what had happened and scrambled out of bed.
"Oh no...WHERE IS IT? CRAP!" I screamed rushing around the room. "Stop! Where is what?" Hannah yelled frantically, "MY WAND!" I yelled back at her.

"AHAHA!" I shouted picking up my wand from underneath my bed, I ripped up my robes and tore out of the room. Potions was my first class of the day! Snapes gonna go mad!

"Miss l/n you are late." Snape spat cooly. "I know" I said sitting down beside Harry, Hermione and (Ron and Harry had made up) Ron. "Five points from Hufflepuff" he said turning to the chalkboard.

"No." I snapped at my teacher. "What was that?" He asked in a dangerously calm voice. "Are you deaf? I said NO" I repeated, "Twenty more points from Hufflepuff I think." Snape growled, spit flew at me as he spoke. "Ew! Cover your mouth!" I said, trying to hold back my laughter.

"two detentions!"
"Like I care, bitch"
I might have gone to far.
"YOU DO NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!" Snape bellowed
"Mmmm, yeah like I give a crap! Your just a greasy haired hoe" I shot back.

——>

"Y/n!" Harry fought to keep up with me. "Can't talk right now sorry" I said flatly, not looking at him.

"Bruh." He stepped in front of me. "Omg! What?" I sighed dramatically.

"Why?" He asked, still staring at me, "what happened earlier?"

I shrugged and looked down at my feet.

"I just...I snapped, the stress, the bullying, you in the tournament." I said, then I looked up into his big bright eyes. What was a few seconds, felt like hours.

Harry slowly stretched his hand out. In a spit second I felt his soft hands connect with mine and I shuffled to the bench a few feet away, Harry quickly followed.

We sat, with my head on his shoulder, his hand still gripping mine.

"Harry?..." I asked uncertainly.
"Yes?"
"I...I need to tell you something..."
it was now or never.
"What?"
"Harry I really li-"

"Oooooh! Look Potter and l/n are on a date!" A pug-faced looking Pansy interrupted me. "Oh my god no I was going to tell you!" I muttered, my anger rising.

——>

Finally, after one month, five days of each weeks worth of detentions, I only had to see a hooked nosed Snape at potions class.