Chapter 6

I ignored Kyle as he greeted me with a 'what's up?'. When i didn't reply he frowned. "Did I do something wrong?"

I sighed. "No."

He nodded slowly. "Then why do I get the feeling you're really pissed off?"

"Well, maybe because I am? There is that possibility."

"Okay? Why are you really pissed off?"

"Pertend you have a little sister-"

"I do have a little sister."

"Whatever. Say there was a guy who wanted to take her away and you retarded Aunt is oblivious to it so she lets him come over all the God-damn time. Would you be really pissed off if you found out he was coming over this evening?"

He was silent for a minute. "So, you're saying that guy is coming to your house tonight and you hate him so that's why you're really pissed off?"

"Basically."

I walked down the hall to my locker and opened it, almost hitting some guys hand. "Hey, watch-"

I gave him a death glare. He shut up, quickly grabbed his things and walked away. I turned back to my own locker and started pulling things out and putting things in.

"Wow. I've seen you mad befors but, geez. This guy has got to be a real jerk."

"You think?" I said, slamming my locker door and storming off. He followed me. "Why is he coming over? Is he your Aunt's boyfriend or something?"

I slowed down and clenched my fists. "Thank God, no. It's a personal matter."

"Like what?"

Does this boy not know what 'a personal matter' means?

"Like i said. A personal matter. You wouldn't want to know anyways."

"Is he a CPS agent?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and glared at the ground. Kyle stopped too and watched me. "Hit the nail on the head, didn't I?"

I turned on my heel and made my way back towards the front doors, grabbing my stuff out of my locker. Kyle grabbed my shoulder as i was stepping outside. "Where are you going?"

"None of your business."

He squeezed my shoulder. "Please, tell me. If the school finds out you skipped class you'll get in alot of trouble."

"I really don't care. I need to clear my head." I jerked my shoulder away and walked in the direction of anywhere. Kyle didn't follow me this time but, i could feel his eyes on my back until I turned a corner and was out of his range of sight.

I turned down an alley and leaned on the concrete wall. I rubbed my temples to try to ease the oncoming headache.

***flashback***

"She needs to be taken proper care of. If you can't do that then we will have to take her away and find her a better home." My mom said holding the tabby cat i had found on the streets. I had begged my parents to let me keep her and they agreed as long as i took complete responsibility for her.

"But, i am! Please don't take her away!" I cried.

"I think it's best if you wait a few years before having a pet." My dad said.

They took her to the animal shelter that night and i never saw her again.

***flashback changes***